The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Need HDL help with Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefront 2
Need HDL help with Star Wars Battlefront and Battlefront 2 –
I checked the compatibility charts and searched online and found a solution that the SYSTEM.cnf file needs to be modified to read:
BOOT2 = cdrom0:\SWBFRONT.ELF;1
Unfortunately, I can't seem to make that work. I have ripped the ISO with ImgBurn and tried several different methods of editing the file, but I can't seem to get a working ISO. Is there a simple way to modify the SYSTEM.cnf file without ripping, copying, rebuilding, etc? If not, can anyone please post step-by-step instructions for getting these games working with HDLoader?
There is a way to modify the system.cfg file without rebuilding but rebuilding isn't that hard and has over benefits. Both battlefront and battlefront 2 are much smaller after rebuilding saving room for more games! This is the method I've used successfully. You'll need CD_DVD_Gen and IML2ISO.
1. Make a folder on your desktop called "battlefront".
2. Put the disk in the drive, copy the contents of the disk to the folder. Remove the disk.
3. In the folder find the file called SWBFRONT.ELF. Make a copy of this file on the desktop.
4. Rename the copy to "SLUS_208.98" (without quotes).
5. Put the file you renamed back into the folder. It should say that such a file already exists. Go ahead and replace.
6. Open CD_DVD Gen. Create new project. DVD ROM Master Disk.
7. Click and drag all the files in the folder to CD_DVD Gen. I put system.cfg and SLUS_208.98 on it first, although I don't know if that makes a difference.
8. Click on Volume. In disk name type SLUS20898 (without "_" and "."). In license area put america. In volume put SLUS_208.98.
9. Go to file. Export IML file. Close CD_DVD ROM Generator without saving.
10. Open IML2ISO. With it, you can use the IML file you created to make an ISO file.
The directions for Battlefront 2 are similar. As i've already said, this also shrinks the size without deleting anything. The same method can be used to shrink many games (without steps 3-5).
If you need anymore help just ask.