The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Some useful hints (maybe?)
Some useful hints (maybe?) –
I just got my PSTwo modded myself, CC2.0SLE+HDCombo, so I am quite a newbie myself. But by intensive "googling" for long hours, I finally got everything working, quite well. So here are some hints, just for newbies like me trying to get things work.
1. If the HDD mamager in uLaunchELF (4.12) says your HDD is not connected, then it is not connected! You must have missed / incorrectly soldered some joints.
2. The new compatibility variable in CC firmware Release 34 does not work (at least for me, v12 GH35). So use SHUTDOWN "MM" for loading uLaunchELF, and SMS.
3. For any program uses SHUTDOWN, do not put them in Flash (Duh!)
4. When using HDLDumpGUI, do the following, otherwise the speed will be miserable.
1. set target rate around 2000-2300
(Do not be greedy, the reason is discussed by the author)
2. DISABLE (Uncheck) Auto-Throttle
(The reason is that the current verison seem to only throttle back send rate on transmission error, but never forward. During long transfers, the speed will get lower and lower, due to the not quite so stable PS2 networking module)
3. in task manager, change the process priority of the hdldumpgui to REALTIME
(Somehow the windows program seem to use certain way of timing, whose precision is greatly affected by the process priority. May be "sleep" instead of "waitforobject"? Anyway, if the process priority is "normal", I can only get constant high speed by only run this program; anything else, such as browsing webpages, makes the send rate unstable and cut it by 1/3. With REALTIME priority, the send rate is very stable and stay at the max)
I have got near constant transfer rate of 1.89MB/sec, which is better than most of the post I found on google.
I just tried multiple rate settings, and found using the original suggested value (2300KBps) and setting both HDLDumpGUI and HDL_Dump process realtime yield the best constant send rate of 2.16MB/sec.
Last edited by Chizuna; 03-02-2007 at 03:57 AM.