Quick short Q's
I've done my google and search on the forums :P so.....
1. when riping a game using winhiip, should I set the mode then or just choose it when loading it with HDL? any difference between the two methods?
2. Is there a list of games that are shrinkable with the name of the dummy files etc...?
3. Can someone point me to a tutorial for putting my MC exploit on the HD so I can free up my memory card.
4. How can I find out my HDLoader version? to make sure it got patched etc...
1. I'm guessing you mean installing, no, there is no diff.
2. I would think so, this has to be on Google, or here.
3. You can copy some of the elfs but you will still need the boot.elf and title.db on the memcard... you can use dms format tool to create a partition and lauchelf to copy/launch the elf.
4. I don't know of any way to just view the version, download the fully patched version from exploitstation.com to be sure you are up to date...
Hope this helps...
3. my udnerstanding is that there is way to have everything, even the boot elf, to load from the the HD freeing up your memory completely.
Nope, some modchips, like the Matrix Infinity, can boot elfs straight from the hdd upon startup... but I don't see it happening without the MI or some other modchips...
2) There's a decent list at another PS2 forum, but I believe it may be against forum rules to post a direct link to that here. But I can tell you to go to google and search this exact phrase "ps2 iso shrinkable games" and it'll be the very first result :)
3) Here's a nice, detailed tutorial on doing exactly that. http://www.exploitstation.com/articl...launchtut.html
(But you do still need to have the boot.elf and titles.db on your memcard... the boot.elf serves to recognize the HDD. Otherwise, the PS2 has no idea it's even there.)