The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
ps2 with hdadvance 2.0 - want to avoid using dvd drive
ps2 with hdadvance 2.0 - want to avoid using dvd drive –
I just bought a PS2 on ebay, came with lan adapter and hd advance 2.0
I know lots about xbox hacking, but none about PS2. I just want to make sure my assumptions are correct :
1) I will be able to boot 'backups' by - install game onto hard drive, boot from hdadvance disc, boot game from hdd. (will this mean the hd avance disc will be constantly spinning and seeking, thus wearing out the drive? or does it 'park' the laser or something cool like that)
2) or, I could use some sort of MC exploit to boot an hd loader from the MC, but this would still mean booting from a ps1 game (disc spinning)
3) there is no way to play games from hdd without there being a disc in the dvd drive, without a modchip (can it be done with a modchip?)
I'm used to booting stuff on my xbox hdd and leaving it running for days on end, but theres no way I want the ps2 dvd drive spinning that long, esp. on this older used ps2
Also, I bought my gf a new slim ps2 for her bday, with gta san andreas. what kind of hacking is out there for the slim ps2? I heard they were going to offer an external hdd for this, think there will be hacks for this, or use your own hdd and not the official sony one
1) thats right and hdadvance stops running as soon as your game starts so the lazer is used less.
2) yep again, and you do still need to boot from a ps1 game
3) you dont need a game in the dvd drive, yes you can do the exploit without a modchip.
at the moment there is now hdd hacking for the pstwo unless you use a certain modchip.
You really should have a read of these forums befor typing a question as all the questions I have just answered are in these forums, try using the SEARCH TOOL