The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
one quick question to the pros...
one quick question to the pros... –
Im new to the ps2 scene, Im definetaly more of an xbox guy, so I've read several posts on this board and just have one simple thing I just want to make clear before I set all this up.
It's my understanding that I can hook up my unmodded ps2 with a copy of hddloader and I will be bale to play games right from my hdd.
Now how do I use the 200 GB hdd with the retail disc, im assuming im going to have to use a memory card hack and if thats the case how would I emplore this hack.
Also can I send .iso files from my pc to my ps2 over my home network using LordBoGaMi HDL_Dump GUI with the retail version of the disc and unmodded ps2 or will I also need a MC hack??
any help is really appreciated
Last edited by whitethunder; 11-03-2004 at 04:58 AM.
you will require a memory card hack to be able to use hdl_dump, you need to store the hdl_srv.elf on the memory card. so yes you can send iso's from the pc to the ps2. If you have the retail disc of hdloader you will not need a memory card hack.
However you will need HDADVANCE 2.0 retail disc to get the full use of your 200gb harddrive. HDLOADER only supports 128gb.
If you search these forums you will find a guide for netowrking from lookatthemonkeys, it is a superb guide!! an absolute for beginners
Basicly, get a modchip or HDadvance if you want a larger harddrive.
Well I found this on another site maybe it will help someone.
now If I understand this correctly, and I may very well not be, can I not not ftp over a cracked version of hdloader to my mc with 200gb support and just boot with a ps game and the mc everytime?? thx
The Totally Unmodded PS2 With HDLOADER, FTP TO HDD Guide!!
Things you need
-PS2 network adapter
-PS2 HDD or compatable HDD for the PS2
-PS2 memory card
Before we start heres a list of things you will need.
-HDloader dump gui (WinHIIP, HDL_DUMB, HD Handiness etc..)
-Winiso (or a program like it just to conver .bin to .iso)
-FTP program (i used FLASHFXP)
-memory exploit from the "PS2 independence" page or download from here
Ok now you got all the stuff needed lets get started
1)First thing we'll need to do is find your PS2 IP. Its best to have a router and have your ps2 connected to the router to find it. Start up your PS2 and load up anything that requires your PS2 to connect to the net. (while the ps2 is running) go to your pc and enter 192.168.0.1 in your webbrowser. (i'm using a D-Link router so might differ depending on the router you have.) Go to Status->Log, here you should find the ip for your ps2 under "Message" (mine showed up as DHCP lease IP 192.168.0.101 to (blank, didn't give my ps2 a name)). (REMEMBER your router might asign a differen't ip than mine did so don't just copy mine and hope it works!)
2) Now open your folder where you put execftps. Right click CONFIG.DAT and chose "open with" and chose notepad/wordpad or something like that. Now the file reads like this
192.168.0.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1
192.168.0.10 PS2 IP
255.255.255.0 is subnetmask
192.168.0.1 is Router IP
Now change file to fit the IP's you have in your router and save it. (mine looked like this once done 192.168.0.101 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1)
2) Now open CDGENPS2. Drag in SYSTEM.CNF (from your execftps folder). Now right click SYSTEM.CNF and chose edit and check (or uncheck) "Fix LBA" and put in 12231 and click ok. Now drag execftps.elf and config.dat into CDGENPS2. Now click IMG on the side and it will make it into a .bin file (I named mine EXECTPS.BIN, and this should all be 1 image containing all the files).
3) Now we need to repair the EXECTPS.BIN. Open CDMAGE and load up your EXECTPS.BIN file and goto Actions->Scan for Crouption. If theres any crouption fix it (mine didn't have any crouption but some will, guess it depends on your CDGENPS2 version).
4) Now open up winiso and convert the EXECTPS.BIN file to a EXECTPS.ISO file.
5) Ok now turn off you PS2 and PC and hook up your PS2 HDD to your PC (more than enough guides are out there to show you how to do that so i won't)
6) Ok now that you PC is back up and running load up a HDloader dump gui (WinHIIP, HDL_DUMB, HD Handiness etc..) and format the hdd (if your hdd is already formatted you don't have to do this). Now transfer the EXECTPS.ISO file we made to the PS2 hdd (name it EXECTPS for easy use in this guide).
7) Now turn off your PC and move the PS2 HDD back to the PS2 (you should know how to do this).
8 ) Now boot up the EXECTPS.ISO we sent with HDloader to make sure it works (should show up as EXECTPS in the list). If it works turn off the PS2, if not go back and make sure you did everything correct.
9) Now with the memory exploit from the "PS2 independence" that you downloaded unzip it to "C:\MC" for right now to save us some work. Once thats done put your PSX game into your cd/dvd drive. Make a new text document and go to file->open. Now browse to your cd/dvd drive and under "Files of Type" chose "All Files". You should now see a file called "SYSTEM", open it. It will read
BOOT2 = cdrom0:\SLUS_202.70;1
VER = 1.00
VMODE = NTSC
We only care about whats after the \ and before the ; (so for this its "SLUS_202.70" but depending on which PSX game you have it will differ) and remember this!
10) Now we have to do some DOS stuff. Now click Start->Run and type in "cmd", this will bring up dos. Now type "cd\" this will change the directory to C:\. Next type "cd MC" (this is where you should have unzipped the memory exploit). Now type "Titleman -a SLUS-202.70" but replace the SLUS_202.70 with the one you got off your PSX game!!!!!
11) Now turn back on your ps2 and the EXECTPS.ISO we sent to it with HDloader again (should still be called EXECTPS in the list).
12) Once execftps is running on the ps2 start up your FTP program and connect to your ps2 ip. Once you connect browse to /mc/0/BEDATA-SYSTEM for pal (/mc/0/BADATA-SYSTEM for NTSC) and copy your TITLES.DB to it. Now make a copy of your EXECFTPS.ELF and rename it to BOOT.ELF and put it in /mc/0/BEDATA-SYSTEM dir (/mc/0/BADATA-SYSTEM for NTSC) and also place your CONFIG.DAT in there. (DON'T try to connect to the HDD it won't work!)
12) Now restart your ps2 with your PSX game in the drive that you used for the memory exploit.
13) Power on your PS2 and now you have FTP support with MC and HDD access now!!!!!!
that worked for me...I had HDA 1.0 and I then loaded HDL patched 48bit onto the HDD using the above method. Also added PS2os and lots of other stuff. Definitely the way to go if you don't wanna mod your ps2.
ok perfect thats what im gonna use
I just hopr I can get it in less than 5 tries lol