The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Newbie, HDloader patch questions
Newbie, HDloader patch questions –
Hi, Im getting ready to back my files up on a HD I guess with HDLoader (saw a patch to extend the GB the program can read), but I have a few questions.
1. What is EVERYTHING I need to make the patch work (programs, hardware, etc), and where can I find a tutorial to install and run all equipment for patch.
2. How far can the patch go (Like can it read a full 400GB Harddrive, I was going to wait to buy the HD before I new how much HDLoader can read from one).
3. Also I have several PC programs for installing from PC to Hard Drive, but i dont know which one is the best to use (HD Handiness, HDl Dumb, and WinHIIP).
I tried to search, but I don't know whats good or bad.
Thanks for any help you can offer.
1. There's alot of this already answered in this forum, here's a link to a thread that answers most of your questions. http://www.psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27329
2. 2Tb after you've patched it.
3. I use WinHIIP by GadgetFreak. It supports the larger harddrive patch and is clearly better than any HDL Dump.
*even more confused* What are elf files, and how do you run them? I know not one single thing about anything like this. Lets just say I'm 100% stumped. Where can I get step by step piece by piece instructions from start to finish on how to patch a retail CD version of HDLoader, and where I could get all the files to run it.
Last edited by Prince DarkShad; 10-19-2004 at 08:33 PM.
Far down on the first page of the thread in the link above is a guide on how to burn elf's.
That helps some, but where do i get the elf files, from the cd?
Oh yeah, i found the bmp batchv4 with everything from sjuncrunch to hdl patch 4b. But i need a hd loader.elf.
Last edited by Prince DarkShad; 10-19-2004 at 08:47 PM.
Sorry, against the rules to post elf's.
So that post you showed me before can burn elfs onto a cd, how does that work run it first then hdloader, other way around, or just that cd alone?