This small tutorial is for those who have a backup of their action replay max evo cd and do "not" have a max drive (pen drive,flash drive ect..)like myself. I was going to buy a 128 pen drive for 15.00 shipping was free,not bad eh? but if your a cheap skate like myself,you'd figure out a way to do this free :P
now being that i don't have a max drive b/c i did'nt purchase the evo edition package nor do i have the original copy,only a copy i downloaded,i got the wheels turning and came up with this method:
first you will need these things if you don't already have them installed and you network setup.
network router with your pc and ps'2 connected
cross over cables to connect from router to ps2 network adapter
if you have all the above already set up,the you ready to go,
this tutorial is only for people that have their ps2 networked with their pc through execftps and have a mc exploit or sorts,this is'nt meant to teach people how to install,find,configure all these requirements. sorry n00bs :?
Follow these steps every time you want to update your Action Replay code list using the EVO Drive:
1) Turn on your PS2 with a PS2 memory card inserted, but no disc in the drive.
2) Via the PS2 'browser', select the memory card.
3) Delete the ?Action Replay?s Settings? file if it already exists.
4) Switch off your PS2.
5) (if you haven?t already installed it you will find the MAX Drive software on your MAX Media Creator PC disc, or in the "Downloads" section of Codejunkies.com). Download the code list by clicking on the ?AR MAX CODE LIST? button. Once the code list has downloaded to your PC, drag and drop it onto the ?destktop?now boot your ps2 and fire up ps2menu or ps2os exploits or whatever your means of exploring your mc and hdd.
now launch the execftps server from your mc or hdd or cd-r,once you have the execftps server runing on your ps2,launch your ftp client flashfxp on your PC,now go to the root directory of your memory card,now add the codelist.bin to your transfer queue,then upload it to your memory card's root directory.
11) Reset your PS2 and let Action Replay MAX load.
12) When you select 'Expert Mode' Action Replay MAX will automatically load the new code list from your memory card.
There you have it,now you don't need a max drive,pen drive,flash drive to transfer your updated code list to your ps2's memory card
Note: you must have a modchip or swap discs to be able to boot the action replay max backup cd.
P.S. this method is also good for those who don't have a broad band connection and can't update their code lists through their ps2's network adapter,just use your dial up connection on your pc to get the updated codelist :wink: