HDLoader w/ exploit won't start, help pls :E
Sorry if this is a noob question, but I installed the 'sploit with the HDloader and it won't boot. When I insert one of the 'trigger' PSX discs, I get the SCE title, then the screen goes white for about a second, then it goes black and does nothing. I've waited on the black screen for several minutes and nothing happens. Tried it with both trigger discs in my title.db.
Here are the steps I used:
- Used titleman.exe to add two PSX discs to the title.db: SCUS_942.98, SCUS_942.99 (some old demo discs I had lying around)
- Made a CDGENPS2 disc with the exploit and HDLoader as BOOT.ELF under FILES (also in FILES: IPCONFIG.DAT, PS2IP.IRX, PS2LINK.IRX, PS2NAP.IRX; in root dir: SYSTEM.CNF, TITLE.DB, EXPINST.ELF, CDVD.IRX)
- Burned the disc with Nero, used GameShark with swap trick to boot it on my unmodified U.S. PS2 (early version, purchased about 6 months after U.S. launch)
- Disc booted fine, text on screen said something like 'Exploit by someone, loader by Sjeep', 'Copying files', 'Files copied successfully'
- Waited around a minute, figured nothing else was gonna happen, turned off PS2
- Checked memory card in PS2 browser... sure enough, it had several hundred KB less free space than before (no extra file icon though.. I'm assuming the files are stored somewhere where the normal browser can't see them)
- Put in PSX trigger disc and reset console... white screen then black screen, does not boot. Tried multiple times with other trigger disc, same result.
I can't figure out what I did wrong... the BOOT.ELF (aka hdloader file) is 674,060 bytes if that is relevant.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.