With more upcoming releases not compatiable with the current HDLoader (despite all combinations of Mode selection) will there be a upgrade soon?
1. Faster boot-up time
2. Enhance compatiability with PSX/PS2 games (preferably auto-selection of Mode)
3. No hard-reset require (during gameplay) to return to HDLoader Menu screen
4. Cheat codes possible
5. Able to exit to PS2 browser at anytime
6. Manage game saves within Menu screen (copy from MC to HDD and vice versa)
i strongly doubt the DMS people who created the hdloader will release a v2.0 of the hdloader. they did v1.0 as a quick money scam.
1) the load times are fine
2) i strongly doubt PSX will ever be supported, ps2 compatibility can probably be achieved through patches (intro's, trainers, etc)
3) again, very doubtful. i dont think there are any games that can kick you back to the browser menu.
4) who cares? cheating is for homo's
5) see #3
6) this can be done with ps2menu-k. and i think the new ar max evo edition.. i think.
i doubt the hdloader will ever be able to achieve all of these things. there will need to be a new program that starts from the ground up.. i doubt it will arrive by the time the ps3 comes around.. so its pretty much dead in the water.. hdloader (and the mods) are really great though.. i'm playing my ps2 a lot more than i use to. it really makes the ps2 a great value.