HDLPatch 0.8b - HDLPatch 0.8c
The (unofficial) version 0.8c handles the following operations:
- God of War 2 patch from crazyc.
- No disc seek while loading (stops freezing at splash screen on V9 and later models).
- Compatibility menu facelift with new built-in modes (with some improvements). Includes a new installer module that can handle DVD9.
- V12/13 PSTwo support (for Automan's interface). These models aren't too reliable when installing games. Better use WinHIIP.
- Stop CDVD-drive motor after loading (use ONLY when booting from a disc on V9 and later models).
- Bigger game list (fit more titles on screen).
- Force HDLoader's UI into NTSC-mode on PAL machines (fullscreen image).
- LBA 48bit patch (allows full use of HDDs up to 2 terabytes).
- Auto idle off fix to stop HDD from shutting down if left idling.
- MDMA/UDMA-mode selector through user configurable button layout while HDLoader starts.
- Swap X/O buttons for japanese style controls.
- Disable all features from the UI except playing games.
- Position HDLoader's screen.
- Force default language.
- Change graphics (splash, main & the button image).
- Change font.
- Change colors and texts from a separate textfiles.
- Extract images, font data, colors & texts from HDLoader.
Most of the patches can be installed to already trimmed versions of HDLoader but to be safe always use a clean file to begin with if possible.
Thanks go to Clement & Crazyc for their hard work with the 48bit LBA support & Crazyc for the language/date/time/dvd9/net/buffer + various gamefixes & various other people who have contributed. Team Xtender for supplying their HD Connect kit. Linux binary by sL1pKn07, Linux (0.8c) & Mac OSX binary by barf and the base of all the evil stuff by sjeep. :ups:
I've been away from PS2 stuff from quite some time now. Good if others are still willing to keep on going with HDLoader... :)
I also decided to add the pure clean unpacked protected HDLoader taken from the original retail disc. It can be patched just like the cracked "free" version floating around. If someone still cares about the issue feel free to remove it from the list of files, as I don't care anymore if it violates a law or another in a country somewhere I don't even care. ;)