HD in V12 with dead laser.
Months ago I post a question in this Site where I asked if it was possible the installation of a HDD in a console V12 with dead laser, and install HDLoader to boot it in Dev2 mode.
In that occasion I received some answers about the possible way to get it. Now, I can tell you that finally got it. I explain the way that I used.
1. I installed a chip with Dev1 and Dev2. I used the Modbo760
2. Installed HDCombo and a HDD
3. Burn a disc that I created with the DevInstaller.exe. The Cd has the following ELF, ULaunch , HdLoader packed and patched, hdld_svr.elf, etc
4. In a fraind's console (with Chip) I placed the disk and the MC. I installed Ulaunch to the MC. Then I Ran it from the CD, because it has the option of install or executing the ELF.
5. Using the Ulaunch I copied the HDLoader to the partition BOOT of the MC, previously (before make the CD) I had renamed it as BOOT2.ELF.
6. After this, I was to my console and boot HDLoader (pressing R2 during the booting)
7. Formatted the HDD with the HDLoader.
8. Copy from PC to PenDrive the HDLoader, with all the necessary Patches (I used version 0.8b) with the name boot.elf, as well as all the files that comes in the Dev2Installv11.zip pack
9. I boot ULaunch and then ran DEV2I.ELF that was in the PenDrive. I followed the instructions that appeared in the screen to install the boot.elf (Hdloader) to the HDD.
10. I boot the console with DEV2 mode and everything worked perfectly.
11. Then, I ran the hdld_svr.elf (from the MC, with the Ulaunch) and I installed the games using hdl_dump.exe. I copied two games: GTA San Andreas and GTA Liberty City Stories, both play perfectly.
12. After this, using the FTP server of the ULaunch copies to the MC the SMS and some MP3 song to the HDD and everything worked well.
This is my experience, I post because may be it can be useful for another ps2 user that has the same problem.