I'm having issues trying to get HD Loader running correctly. It's the "micro" version, about 600kb or something, I found lying around on the web. Now, I have been all over this and other forums looking for a solution so any help other than "Search the forums" is what I'm looking for.
I have a v9 chipped with a DMS3 (firmware 2.2), several hard drives and a network modem. Everything about the DMS works perfectly. I have installed DMS Explorer and HDD Explorer with no problems and have used HDD Format sucessfully to format the hard drives. The ATAD patch is ON in the DMS configuration.
Almost every time I run HD Loader, I see the splash screen but then it just locks up the PS2, I can't even hit reset. I have to turn the power off then back on. I did notice that the hard drive light flashes behind the grill so I guess HD Loader is seeing the hard drive. With the hard drive removed, HD Loader does complain it can't find the hard drive. I have installed HD Loader to the MC from DMS Explorer and I get the same results from either CD or MC boot.
1. Tried to re-burn HD Loader on different CD-R media. No change.
2. Turned off MM16 in the DMS configuration. No change.
3. I have tried a Seagate 40GB, Maxtor 40GB and a Maxtor 120GB hard drive, all with the jumper set to "Master". No change.
4. I have removed the hard drive, dropped it into a pc, formatted the hard drive to NTFS, then dropped it back into the PS2. When I booted HD Loader it said that the hard drive was unformatted and needed formatting, then it locked up on "Formatting hard drive, please wait". I let it run for about an hour.
5. Blew all "Corrupted data" blocks (these are the DMS Explorer and other DMS configuration files) off of the memory card. No change.
6. Removed the memory card. No change.
I actually saw HD Loader boot up sucessfully once. It was when I went into the DMS Config, changed MM16 to "On" and saved the data. On the next reboot, HD Loader came up ok from CD-R. I installed Baldur's Gate 2 to the hard drive, then I rebooted. I have not been able to boot HD Loader again, even going into the DMS Config and changing just about everything.
What gets me is everything else works like HDD Format, HDD Explorer and even PS2Menu booted fine from a CD-R. For the love of Sony and the cheap lasers they install on newer PS2s, I need help getting HD Loader working. I'd buy it, but that's a little difficult now and I refuse to spend any money on anything associated with PS2Ownz (HD Advance). Plus, I don't even know if a "retail" version would work any better.