I apologize for asking questions that may have already been answered, but I've scoured the forums without much luck. If my question has been answered in another place kindly point me in the proper direction. I'm looking for simple, non-detailed advise.
1) My wants are to get a Playstation 2 where I can store games on my hard drive. I understand I need either "HDLoader" or "HDAdvance" to do this. Do I need a certain type of modchip in order to use this software?
2) HDLoader's website claims a modchip is not needed. Can somebody explain?
3) What is the process to set up HDLoader? Assume I have a modded PS2, Network Adapter and Hard drive.
4) What is the process to set up initial FTP access to my PS2. Can I use FTP access to upload my games from a PC? Is this recommended?
5) After I get FTP access set up, what is the process for uploading a game to the PS2 Hard Drive?
Any answers you can provide here will be helpful. Something as simple as "1) Download HDLoader from website x 2) Attach your hard drive manually to your PC 3) Use this software to do this"
Thank you for any help you can provide!