The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
I've gotten this method to work with Gran Turismo 4 but has anyone got this working with Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance? I keep getting the black screen of death and I still have my flattened image that worked prior to it but had hoped to get the skateboarding part to work with this dual layer patch.
I can confirm this as well, i also used HDL_AIO for /N /C /D1 + skins
Originally Posted by tot31
Which version of AIO did you use?Try ver 2.4.It as hdl_patch 0.5c
Originally Posted by darklocust
2.4, everything is working fine for me
Originally Posted by tot31
WinHIIP 1.7 now works with crazyc's hdl dl patch.Just try it on my GT4 NTSC and PAL images.
why doesnt mine work? i ripped gt4 with dvd decrypter, put it on ps2 hdd with winhiip 1.7, applied the ips patch to hdloader.elf, then loaded it up and i dont get past the white writing
great work! its like a dream.
now the dnas support like the new o2 release...
btw: my duallayer mgs2s pal dont work.
I had the same problems. I think if someone could do a nice writup doing a step by step for Crazyc's method this would work for those of us that can't seem to figure it out (not as advanced I guess). However, I used Toolboys method (had the step by step guide) and it works perfectly except of course the LAN. Loading time is so much better than using my original!
Originally Posted by azzman
EZ Tutorials for HDL_DL
EZ Tutorials for HDL_DL –
Files & Tools Needed
Originally Posted by fragment
Lunar IPS Patcher
CrazyC HDL Dual Layer IPS File (.ips)
HDLoader Custom Skins (optional)
Original Free HDLoader (.elf)
1. Unzip HDL_AIO to somewhere like C:\HDL_AIO (makes it easier for the last steps)
2. Unzip all other files in the same folder, HDL.ELF, crazyc.ips, LunarIPS.exe
3. Unzip WinHIIP on a different folder
4. Install DVD Decrypter
1. Start HDL_AIO 2.4 and open your HDLoader.elf
2. Make sure on CRC Checksum, it says "You have loaded original HDLoader unpacked.elf" / If this is true proceed to #3 otherwise go google.
3. Patch according to ur use mine was /N /C /D1 + skins + NTSC Default.
4. Click Patch and make OUTPUT.ELF w/o packing it. So it comes to 2.83MB file
5. Start Lunar IPS and click 'Apply IPS Patch' and open the crazyc IPS file
6. Then the next window, pick 'Open all files' and choose the OUTPUT.ELF file generated from HDL_AIO.
7. After patching the ELF with the IPS file, drag the OUTPUT.ELF file into TOOLS folder
8. Press Window + R on keyboard and type CMD
9. Go to C:\HDL_AIO\TOOLS folder
10. Type the following 'ps2-packer OUTFILE.ELF PACKED.ELF'
11. PACKED.ELF is the ELF you throw on your memory card
12. Use DVD Decrypter to make the ISO on NTFS formatted HDD (Windows) then use WinHIIP 1.7 to install ISO on ur PS2 HDD connected to your PC. Tested to work on GoW + trailers & GT4 w/LAN not freezing during access!
13. Thank the scene for their gifts
Last edited by darklocust; 04-23-2005 at 07:46 AM.
Don't know if anyone have said this before. But I must have a disc (cd or dvd dosn't matter) in my ps2 when loading gt4 or else I get the bsod. Though God of war works without disc.
I'm running hdloader from my mc thats why I usually don't have a disc in the machine.
Hope this solves someones problems.