Nope, u just need to hook up your ps2-hd to your pc(internal or external).
Originally Posted by Itchy
What u do is:
1. remove the ps2-hd from ps2
2. make sure your pc is off
3. open up your pc and stick the the ps2-hd on a free IDE-cable (make sure u do the master/slave/cableSelect-setting right)
4. Ps2-hd wont show in windows/explorer
5. But u can acces the ps2-hd using software like WINHIIP, PS2 HDD Utility, HDL_dumb or any other ps2 reading software (theres plenty out there)
6. insert ps2-cd/dvd/backup cd-r/dvd+-r/dvd-rip/import/homebrew in your pc dvd drive and copy it to the ps2-hd (or if u have isos on hd copy them to the ps2-hd)
7. once u are done remove ps2-hd from pc and reattach to ps2 and play away (remember to set master setting on ps2-hd)
If u have a external hd-enclosure (usb and/or firewire) u can use it instead and u wont have to do the whole "open up pc and IDE cable"-thingy.... u just connect it externally.
PSP 1.52 (DG), DS 001, XBOX v1.6B+Cheapmod+120GBHD, SM33, 50004+HDA10+120GBHD, SM32, BP11, 3900X, XBOX v1.6+Softmod, P4_2.666, GBASP, GBA,Celeron_700, DC, PS1, P2_300, TI85, Saturn, GBC, GBP, Megadrive, P75, Amiga 500, MS, 486SX25, Amstrad CPC464, ZX81