To ensure a proper connection with the IDE connector its important that the back of the HDD and the back of the PS2 are inline.
This is especially important if you transport your PS2 a lot.
In most cases, the drive bay is longer than the used drive.
I stuck a couple of strips of sealing tape on the front of the HDD to even out the difference.
- PS2 v3 DMS4 Pro ToxicOS 0.41 + Sony BBA 3.5 750 GB S-ATA HD
- PS2 v10 Ripper 3.41 + Sony BBA 3.5 1 TB S-ATA HD
- PS2 Slim MI 1.93 + HD-Combo black 120 GB IDE HD + 9,2' 16:9 PAL/NTSC LCD
- PS2 Slim MI 1.93 + HD-Combo white 750 GB IDE HD
- PS2 Slim MI 1.93 + SATA HDL Kit 1 TB SATA HD