The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
@bladezero - sory about the spam! :-)
Awesome it worked, it took all night to copy mind you, but now it runs like a dream, no need to worry about disc read error because of the crappy laser!! Massive thanks to AfterTheInsane!
@ Ps2 Devil 1987 - I had the same problem originally. You have to use the network disc to set your card to 192.168.0.10, leave the DNS as auto. subnet mask is 255.255.255.0, gateway is 192.168.0.1. Make sure you put the same settings on your PC apart from Ip address which needs to be something diffeent, mine was 192.168.0.2.
Only problem was the copying speed, but I presume there is no way of speeding this up ?
I can't connect, I didn't change any IPs, once hdld serv is running it shows my ps2 ip as the default but I still can't connect on my pc, what else am I supposed to do???
ok so now I have a question... i'm really confused as to what is going on here...
I'm sure it's straight forward to copying via PC, just plug it in, select drive, install via ISO or CD/DVD, done..
I think i read it as you HAVE to have the hdld_svr.elf and system.cnf burned to cd, load with PS2, then via PC you can use HDL_DUMB to transfer the files..
1) Can you tell me if I have the steps down correctly?
2) Is it required to have both HDL_DUMB and HDL_DUMP?
3) How do you then load the games??
PS2 IP: 192.168.123.200/255.255.255.0
PC IP: 192.168.123.101/255.255.255.0
4) I'm assuming from my PC, I can just connect to my PS2 by it's IP via HDL_DUMB?
5) I found an ISO on a BT tracker and it says "FREE HDLoader" and it has *******.NET all over it.. what exactly is this? It's about 280 something megabytes in size.. when burned, it allowed me to copy my ORIGINAL of Mortal Kombateadly Alliance, and a BACKUP of MKeception, but when it came time to play - it just went to a black screen for both.. How do I get it to play games that I install?
Thanks for any help.. i've read and read.. I wish there was just a single source of information you could use...
Played GTA:SA off the hard drive for about 6 hours last nite awesome....
I am no expert but I will try and share the knowledge I have gained by setting this up myself.
@Vicx - ok you sound like you've got hdld_svr.elf running on the PS2 okay. Although you say you didnt change any IP addresses. What you need to do is change the PS2 Network Adapter's IP address using the Network Access disc. Set the IP to 192.168.0.10, subnet to 255.255.255.0 and gateway to 192.168.0.1. Leave DNS as Auto. Then change the IPAddress on your PC to 192.168.0.2 Subnet to 255.255.255.0 and Gateway to 192.168.0.1. Make sure the cable you connect between the network cards is a crossover cable. Try that and see what happens. Try pinging the PS2 from the PC to see first.
1) Yes you have the steps down correctly, although I had to use cdgenps2.exe to create an image with those files to burn a working disc. using nero and burning a standard disc with the files didnt work.
2) No, I only had HDL DUMB.
3) You use the client software on the PC that was in the hdl dumb zip file you downloaded. You must have an iso image of the game to send.
See the points above about the IP address, its easier if you use 192.168.0.10 as this is what HDL SVR uses, you can change it though by adding another file although im not sure on how to do this.
4) Yes once the connection is setup correctly and HDL SVR is running on the PS2, the you open the client .exe file on the PC and "Attach". Then you send the iso by choosing the relevant options.
5) HDLoader is the software that is then required to boot the game on the HDD. My version was only 8 meg fitted straight onto CD and works fine.
Hope this helps!
I tried changing the settings using the network adapter disc but it still doesn't work, it saves the settings on memory card so doesn't it need to load those settings when I start hdld serv? I've got 2 settings, 1 for playing online and 1 for this.
I tried pinging but no response.
how exactly do I change the IP settings for my PC? I know my current PC IP is 10.0.0.12
need a bit more help plz
Last edited by vicx; 11-17-2004 at 03:16 PM.
iso from pc –
i was trying to figure out hot to connect using croosover cable. finaly found the answers here thanks but im still having problems i set the ps2 ip to 192.168.0.10 and hdl_dump loads fine i even changed my subnet and gateway to what the previous post said to change it to but i get an error message saying the host failed to respond or it times out or something. Any one have any idea.
Oh and to solve the last guys question go into network connections right click on your lan and go to properties go to internet prtotocal tcp/ip and click on properties again then just use the ip's they gave you to put in in manualy.
got it working, problem is I can't go on the internet while I do it because the IP I use to connect to my router is 10.0.0.13, but I need to change it to 188.8.131.52 to connect to my PS2.
Is it possible do both at the same time? can I have more than 1 connection or something? how about changing the PS2 ip to the same as my router's?
i'm not sure what you're asking...
you can be on the internet on your PC while you're connected to your PS2, but you can not be on the internet with PS2 while connected via server
I want to be on the internet on my PC while being connected to PS2. but I have to change my IP to 192.168.0.10 to connect to my ps2, so I can't go online like that, it has to be set on automatic to go online on pc
oh, you must not have a router.....
a router would fix your problem, otherwise, there's not a way to get it to work