The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
It´s also confirmed working on a PAL 60gb ps3, which mean it also works on the old 80gb NTSC ps3 with ps2 BC. I had been trying to compile an older version of this emu just with the intent of trying to get it running on the ps3.
Originally Posted by stayhye
You´re making it better and at the same time it´s now ps2/ps3 compatible.
Were the older versions using the ps2´s internal time clock? I´m just curious as to what changed that made it finally start working on the ps3.
Anyway, thanks for your work on this. one more emu on the working list for the ps3.
Hopefully at some point in the future the sound core will get overhauled. The current sound emulation is painful. I guess that's why it is set to off by default. *chuckles*
EDIT: I can only think of one game that actually used the HuC-1 chip and that was the Japanese version of the first Pokemon Trading Card game. It's commonly known as Pokémon Card GB (J). (Source: Dorando.) The North American and Europe versions were moved to the MBC5 chip. I'm not sure if it is absolutely necessary to emulate the Huc-1 but thanks for working on InfoGB ^_^.
Bug Report: Pokemon Crystal Version (U)
1. Some really strange graphic bugs that look like "s and numbers pop up at the top of the screen every time dialog is initiated.
2. Also during every pokemon battle there is a part of the opposing pokemon that appears above it during its static state (in other words not during animation). Plus there are some odd bug with the border that the actions are chosen from. I think the health bar has a graphics bug on the left end also.
3. Finally, while accessing the computer in the pokemon center. Access Bill's PC and then choose to withdraw a pokemon but then cancel (X) and then you get a "black" screen. Hit cancel again (X) and it refreshes the screen.
Thought you should know this and so far I have only gone a little bit into the game.
Plus this game only recently became playable due to your changes .
It is very playable even with these little bugs.
Last edited by phoenixclaws; 04-10-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Yes, I knew about these graphic bugs, It seems to the only Crystal version has them, Silver and Gold works better, actually I haven't noticed any bugs in these both versions yet, but I don't play much, so thanks for bugs report anyway
Originally Posted by phoenixclaws
If I get some free time I'll try to debug this emu a bit.
Hmmm I added some initializing functions, because the USBD.IRX and USBHDFSD.IRX couldn't be loaded before. Maybe it made this ELF bootable?
Originally Posted by leonidas
Hi there, new to the forum, Nice work on this emulator for PS2, i been playing around with just black and white game boy at the moment, and works great, game play and sounds not perfect yet, but still works really great!
Does this emulator support gameboy color and gameboy advanced?
A few suggestions i would like
1) like SNES Station and PGen, i would like this emulator to support Sub Directories such as this Rom/A Rom/B and etc, basically i would like to beable to order my rom by alphabetical order in a Rom folder without making a big mess out of the root directory.
2) Controls i really do not like, i think the start and select button should be in there right place instead of triangle as that and the menu button i think should be moved to either R1 or L1 and X and O for actions on the game boy games.. other buttons maybe R2 and L2 for load and save states?
3) Option for centering screen.. if i am not missing it..
4) instead of always pushing start to return to a page, how about just clicking triangle to return to the page.. similar to the other emulators?
Hope i ain't sounding to picky, but this is so far what i think would be nice.
Emu supprot gameboy and gameboy color only.
Originally Posted by PlaystationGuy
1,2,4. I'm planing to improved a bit browser and add these functions, but I'm afraid that I have to probably rewrite huge piece of code
3. It's already implemented, valid only in submenu: PS2_SELECT+PS2_DPAD for screen centering
BTW load and save state options in submenu doesn't work. Save game is only possible when you save your state directly in game and then you choose "Back to the main menu" option. It'll save your data game to *.sav file on mc0:/PS2GB/
Note that this was an emulator started by someone else and then picked up by dlanor for a very short period to add somethings.
Now KarasQ has very generously picked it up.
I believe he knows what he's doing and i'm grateful for the additional mappers and other fixes he has coded in .
This is great work KarasQ - the USB option works a treat (Slim PS2 FMCB 1.8). I have one request though - is it possible to force original Gameboy roms from black and white to color? Or an option to have original gameboy roms in their original monochrome or GBC color? Its not an issue much though - this emulator is greats. Thanks again.
I was just playing with Pokemon Silver and some similar bugs show up that I saw in Crystal.
The "blackout bug" when you back out from accessing the Withdraw or Deposit or any other window in Bill's PC is there.
Also a different bug showed up for me on silver.
I have a bunch of Pokemon now in my possession and when i go to switch them a weird bunch of black covers over some of the pokemon. It goes away after I switch.
Also some black shows up when the opponent pokemon attacks in the battle window. The sliding movement uncovers some black area when it should still be white.
I'm not sure why this is but it is very apparent and a little annoying ;P.
Thought you should know I have been testing your revisions and overall it is a wonderful update. Keep at it and thanks.
I was just playing this pokemon/robopon like game called Metal Walker on an emulator and it seems like a fun game.
So I tried it out on the PS2InfoGB emulator and it gets through product and copyright screens fine but none of the intro or in-game seems to work.
It's completely black except for when you press the (O) button you'll get the name entry screen and you'll seem some screen transfer flashes but not text for the story. After that it is black and unplayable. It uses the MBC5 chip.
Last edited by phoenixclaws; 04-15-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Reason: Another buggy game
Hmmm... the most funny thing is that the game works properly on the same version of emu compiled for Windows... (?) so the MBC5 works fine. I have tried with other graphic library on PS2 and it's the same result, so the problem seems to be in other part of code maybe infogb_plot_line() function... but other games work fine... it doesn't make sense for me.
Originally Posted by phoenixclaws
Anyway thanks for your post, I'll do some tests soon. Right now I'm a bit busy (I have to pass some exams etc in my school first)
Yeah I have exams myself. I really am grateful that you're working on this emulator. It is nice to play stuff that I just don't have the hardware for.
Originally Posted by KarasQ