The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Is it ok to post ideas for features for PVCS?
Is it ok to post ideas for features for PVCS? –
First off, nice work! I got it up and running in no time via LaunchElf from the PS2 HDD. I just renamed the rom extensions from .a26 to .bin and fired it up...
Would it be ok to have a thread for feature requests / ideas?
Obviously the compabitibility of the emu is priority one, but any thoughts to incorporating assignable buttons? (For purpose of hacking a single PS2 controller to 2 Atari 2600 joysticks)
Also, any thought to using a smaller font for the romlist? ( to fit more on screen?)
Maybe a scrolling feature that lets you jump from one letter to the next quickly? (kinda likea page up / page down type of thing?)
I really wish I knew how to code!
Thanks for bringing the 2600 to the PS2!
New ideas are always welcome in the scene as long as they are positive, hehe.
Good news on the a26 files. I had thought that they might contain header info that the bin files do not.
I would love to make it more compatable. I believe the instruction emulation is very good, but the TIA emulation that rasterizes the graphics needs work. I thought a possible solution would be to take the TIA code from stella. I took the c++ code and changed it to C. I am still haveing problems getting it to work.
I have two fonts loaded for PVCS a 16 pixel wide and a 8 pixel, it very easy to use the 8 pixel font for the ROM list (but it is a code change).
A quick scrolling feature would be nice. SNES Station has this feature.
I'd like to see zip file support so you could put 400+ roms in one zip file and the emu could retrieve the ROM list from the zip and run the selected file.
I wish you knew how to code to pubert. I could use the help. It's really not as hard as it might seem. You can find out how from many sites on the web. ps2dev.org is great for ps2 development. But even if you can't develop on the ps2, you can compile PVCS for cygwin using SDL. That is how I do some of my testing. I've got a separate Makefile (Makefile.cyg) that will do it.
Good to know suggestions are welcome...
Would a bug report thread be of use to you at this point or is it still a little preliminary in the development?
Have you considered the use of a config file that could be edited and upped to the directory for things such as font size, roms directory, or even the button configuration (as opposed to going through a detection routine where the person presses them to get them assigned? Probably easier, no? Just a thought.
The rom sizes are pretty small, I see that zipped they come in around 6meg, unzipped around 19meg for pretty much the full set, but being able to generate a directory listing of the roms would be great. (Eliminating the FILES.TXT) Regarding zip support, I say, "Make them buy more memory cards or learn how to network that bad boy!"
I 'd like to help in any way possible with other stuff. I could knuckle around with some background graphics for the PVCS menu screen if you want. Just lemme know what size and pixel count and limitation of colors you'd like. If you've got a template that you used on the current one, I can work from that so the text box lines up.
Still kickin' it, Atari style...