The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
RIP BOR.PAK from DC CDI
RIP BOR.PAK from DC CDI –
Lots of the releases of BOR mods are by a bunch of dreamcast developers. They usually release their mod as a dreamcast cdi file ready to be burned and played on the dreamcast. this is a quick tutorial on how to rip the BOR.PAK files from a cdi file in order for you to play it on your ps2. This is loosely based on this tutorial.
How To Break A CDI To Play A Mod On Your PC
What Do I Need?
- Extract the CDI onto your harddrive somewhere using winrar.
- Open ISOBuster.
- Go to File -> Open Image File
- Navigate to the CDI that you just extracted.
- Find that CDI file, and double-click on it, to open it in ISOBuster
- A List of the files inside that CDI will then appear in ISOBuster. Select the BOR.pak file, and right-click on it
- Select "Extract BOR.pak" from the menu that appears.
- Navigate to the folder you want to place the mod into.
- Press "Save" to copy that file into the directory.
How Do I Play It On My PS2?
- Download PS2BOR
- Download cdgenps2 if you plan on running PS2BOR from cdrom
make a new cd creation using cdgenps2 with BOR.ELF and the BOR.PAK you extracted from the cdi. Be sure to add a system.cnf.
- If you need a system.cnf Create a new text file and place this into the file. Once you have done that you can rename the file to SYSTEM.CNF
BOOT2 = cdrom0:\BOR.ELF;1
VER = 1.00
VMODE = NTSC
- Older console users may want to add a very big dummy file to your cd. Lots of these mods are always loading and can take a heavy toll on your laser!
Last edited by DSAPSX; 04-18-2013 at 04:14 PM.
This means we can only have one BOR.PAK per image, or is there a war around this by renmaing files.
v10 Silver Satin Playsation 2
120gb Maxtor HD
HD Loader DVD-9 Version Blank SKIN
nope u can make more images with different BOR.PAK ie. different BOR mods and you can load them in HDL works great in some of them.
Originally Posted by ashmufc
Just thought I would mention that PS2BOR can also be run off a thumb drive. It does slow down at times but most of the lag can be solved by just pausing the game for 30 seconds to a minute at the beginning of each area while it finishes loading.
If your thumb drive has a light than you can just wait until it stops flashing rapidly and then start playing the area. The light also helps you to know when it is saving because it seems to flash rapidly while doing so (at least for me).
Does that mean that it can also be run off of a HDD? Also, is a copy of the Dreamcast copy the only way I can get ahold of BOR.PAK?
warm greet from me
how is exactly step by step
to instal bor in ps2 hdd or flash disk
example for crisis evil on usb drive
make folder crisis evil
put crisisevil.pak file in the folder
rename crisisevil.pak to bor.pak
put bor.elf in the folder
put the folder on your usb drive.
luanch bor.elf however you launch elf's
Many .pak are not compatible with ps2bor that were with dreamcast for me at least.
ed, edd, eddy
I also suggest if you can find single releases over compilitations go for those first. if you try to extract a compilation most of the .pak files are not marked so you wont really have any clue witch bormod is witch.
anyway if anyone has gotten any of the above stated borpaks to work with ps2 please let us know what bor.elf version your using and boot method, etc. please.
hi guys, sorry i really don't understand on what this BOR exactly..???
can anyone give me a complete detail about this pleaaase..