The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Why don't load CD????
maybe you could be a bit more precise ... from where do you boot the emulator ? host, mc, hdd, etc..., is the bios present & correct ?
anyway be sure to respect these basics rules :
1. If file tree as described in the readme is not respected, it won't work
2. If bios file (neocd.bin, 512Kb, CRC: DF9DE490) is not present under the bios directory it won't work
3. In case you are not using original games, be sure you console is able to read CD-R, and btw please note that illegal backup copies ARE NOT supported officially by the emulator and in the forum.
4. neocd/ps2 won't work loaded from HDD if used with application using fakehost that redirects cdrom calls used for swap and loading to psf0(hdd).
5. If you still have issue with loading games, have a look at the release "0.02 dev build" and apply same technique to last version.
hope it helped you !
I'm burn all on CD,
- neocd folder OK
- bios folder (see below) OK
- romdisk folder what is????
- startup.bin OK
- patch.rpg OK
- neocd.elf OK
- cdvd.irx OK
- system.cnf OK
I put the cd emu in the ps2, when I see the "Insert a neogeoCD"
insert Neo-Geo-CD and press X, but nothing....
i own original cd, but not work copy and original.
Last edited by wazzanapa; 09-07-2004 at 02:53 PM.
wait a few second when you swap the disc (the time for the disc to spin up), and where it hear it spinning, press X, then it should work.
for starters ,is your ps2 modded? an unmodded ps2 can only read audio CDs.
Same problem. –
Because with the originals NeoGeoCDs doesn't work i've tried to compress them (zip) and decompressed after to further attempts, the roms I used where Metal Slug 1 , 2 and 3 - explanation:
I've tried the following:
1. When burning the Boot CD with "neocd_ps2_003.zip" (no files missing and Neocd.bin inside the bios directory) I've included a new directory called "CD" and copied several Zipped ROM files inside.
It runs ok, but stops after loading asking : "Insert a NeoGeo CD and press X" soo it won't work this way.
2. Burned two stand alone CDS,one with several Zipped roms all mixed up and the other with the same roms but unzziped, it doesn't work, still asking to insert a NeoGeo CD.
3. Burned a Stand Alone CD with just one unzziped ROM inside directory "CD" and it still asks to insert a neogeo cd.
All the cd's where made with Nero, ISO MODE 1, Speed 4x, I own a PS2 model SCPH-50004 with chip Ripper Gold; All the ROMS files are .ROM not .bin
So, what's missing here?
there is no support for zipped roms (or to be more precise zipped cd content), so CD directory can only contain one game !!!
Last edited by evilo; 10-12-2004 at 07:56 AM.