General requirements :
- Before running the emulator be sure that the "host/cd"
contains the following tree :
|-- neocd folder (or CD root)
|- neocd.bin (ngcd bios, not provided)
|- system.cnf (if burned on a cd)
|- install.pbt \
|- instlst.pbt \_ C.C. Boot Manager Install Scripts
|- remove.pbt / Needed to install neocd on the BM
|- run.pbt /
Before you ask, if ANY file is MISSING : IT WON'T WORK !
- Ensure that both bios file (called "neocd.bin" and
"sfix.sfx") are present. they should not be compressed
(neocd size is 512kb and correct bios should have his
CRC32 equal to 0xDF9DE490
-> bios are NOT provided with the emulator, so you have
to search it by your own or try to dump it from your NGCD.
- Load the emulator (neocd.elf) using your favorite way. If you
burn the emulator be sure to use mode1/iso9660/NO multisession.
- On the splash/intro screen, when you see the "Insert a CD" text,
insert a neogeo cd into your drive, wait a few seconds (the time
for the drive to spin) and press (X) on the pad.
- If all goes well NeoCD/PS2 should detect the game and run it.
Limitation on CD swapping :
1. Your ps2 will need to be modded, else cd will be only recognized
as Audio CD, and it won't be recognized by the emulator.
2. CD size must be at least of 30Mb. Depending of your model, your
ps2 could have problem reading/booting little games (i.e. bust a move),
so you will need to use a backup up copy and inject some dummy file.