The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Neocd/ps2 0.4 released !
Neocd/ps2 0.4 released ! –
So here is finally the new version with the following changes :
- Modified CD detection/swap routines, should work better now.
(Press (X) a second time if cd not detected the first time)
- Added a workaround for the ps2ip bug (repeated small reads) that
should fix loading with all version.
- Corrected ipl.txt parsing routines.
fix Double Dragon hang up during loading, and probably others.
- Corrected a bug introduced in last version and preventing from
loading a game located in "cd" folder when booting from CD.
- Added the Samurai Spirit RPG patch.
- Implemented use of "GfxPipe" for gfx rendering.
Almost all games I've tested are fullspeed without sfx, and still
with the old 68k core (who said the ps2 wasn't able to handle it?)
- Fixed "blinking sprite" gfx bug, no more missing vertical sprites
in horizontal scrolling games.
- Added NGCD memory card saves, Neocd will create a 45k file on
your memory card if available (memory card in slot 1 only)
- Corrected support for PSX pads (7not6)
- In-Game Menu (region selector, sound activation, etc.. see below)
- added some gfx filter effect and a fullscreen option (to remove
black border in PAL video mode), see menu description.
- Correct cpu count cycles (68k core was running at 10Mhz in PAL)
will be a bit slower but timing will be more accurate
- Lowered Z80 frequency to 4Mhz (was "overclocked" to 6Mhz)
- Changed the z80 to a more portable one (fixed sfx in lots of games)
- Preliminary sound support (buggy and to be optimized)
use ingame menu to enable/disable it, and consider it just as a
preview, since the code is still wip and still need to be work on.
(thx to lkz with help on fixing THE "freezing" bug with sound)
- "All-In-One" packed elf with embedded IRX and neocd files (<300kb),
only bios still need to be present (for legal reason) in the root
directory, see usage for new instructions.
- Included installation script for the Crystal Chip Boot Manager
Sound is present but as a preview, so no complains about it since it's still a work in progress, if you get tired with it disable it from the menu. And for those who will wonder, version naming is now x.x else I will never reach a "1.0" version !
Next version (0.5) should include the stef's 68K core (still not used) and finished sound support.
Please see the readme for neocd usage, since a lots of things changed.
Enjoy ! and as always please give your feedback in the forum
Going to test now
Thanks for all the hard work. Keep up the good work!
It works great!
inlink still has a bug with it :\
It launchs fine from hdd
sound works perfect for viewpoint , double dragon has that echo effect(also windjammer butt less noticeable) ,and for KOF98 the sound crashes (not exactly the right term,just my english is quite limited...)
can't wait to play more!!
did you see/used the ingame menu (L2 + R2) ??
More tests with this version:
Mutation Nation---Full speed and sound ok
Blues Journey-----Good speed with slowdowns(more speedy than version 0.03)
Aero Fighters 2----Full speed and sound ok
Ninja Commando---Full speed and sound ok
Top Hunter--------Full speed without sound
As evilo has said the games run at full speed....some games run at full speed with sound and other no(it's a wip)
One question evilo...What's supposed to be save in mc...because when i play another game the settings of screen,region...don't be saved
Saludos and sorry for my english
that sounds awesome! how well can it handle samurai showdown?
yes, it's because the video filter stuff is an hardware features of the GS, so it doesn't impact the emulation at all (in terms of speed). It's only usefull in case you switch to fullscreen (for PAL user with black border), to avoid visual stretching effect ! Concerning the bios, yes I know it, the only way to exit is actually to reset the ps2... (so use it if you really need it!)
only game state is automatically save in the mc, for i.e. it allow you to restart a game where you let it (assuming that you save your current progression when asked). If you take bust a move, at start it ask you if you want to load save game, and let you restart where you lost last time.. same for viewpoint, etc...
But yes, effectively, I should add settings save aswell !!!
yes, still wip, and disabling sound GREATLY speed up the emulation (all games fullspeed), just compare with version 0.0.3 and you will see the difference !
Great release, thanks evilo.