I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum. You can move it if it is.
I had a look around for instructions on installing FMCB with USBeXtreme, but I couldn't find any exact instructions, so I just information from around the internet and I finally got it installed with USBeXtreme. Now I'm going to post how I did it.
READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THEM BEFORE TRYING TO INSTALLING THE EXPLOIT
This guide has been tested for FMCB 1.8b and uLaunchELF 4.30. It's not guaranteed to work with any other version.
What You'll Need
1. PS2 and PS2-compatible memory card
2. An external USB drive (not all USB drives are compatible with USBeXtreme)
3. USBeXtreme PS2 DVD
4. USBeXtreme software (I find the DOS one works best for USB thumb drives)
5. Disc Image Mounting Software (I recommend MagicDisc. It works and it's free)
6. CDLoader (with no copyright material, it's just the CDLoader ELF file)
9. FMCB package
Preparing the USB drive
You will be using simply the USBeXtreme PS2 DVD and external USB drive for this
The USB drive will have to be blanked out in this process so copy off any important data. You can put the files back when we're done. I find that formatting works best on the console itself so that's what we're going to use.
1. After copying off all important data, boot your PS2 with USBeXtreme and plug your USB drive in.
2. Once USBeXtreme has fully loaded, go to Format.
3. Before pressing Format, think twice just to make sure there's no important data on it. If you're sure there isn't, continue.
4. Now press Format. The PS2 will begin formatting the drive. Do not unplug the drive in this process. Besides, the formatting doesn't take very long.
5. Once formatting is completed, unplug the drive and plug it back into your computer. Now proceed to the next step.
Creating the CDLoader image
You will be using the CDLoader ELF, uLaunchELF package and CDGenPS2 for this.
1. Put the CDLoader ELF into a folder and extract the uLaunchELF package in a separate folder.
2. Copy BOOT.ELF from the uLaunchELF folder to the CDLoader folder.
3. Open MSYSTEM.CNF (in the CDLoader folder) in any plain text editor (such as Notepad).
4. Delete everything inside it and paste the following:
5. Create SYSTEM.CNF with the following data in it:Code:\uLaunchELF\cdrom0:\BOOT.ELF;1 \MENU 2\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1 \MENU 3\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1 \MENU 4\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1 \MENU 5\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1 \MENU 6\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1 \MENU 7\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1 \MENU 8\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1 \MENU 9\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1 \MENU 10\cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1
6. Open CDGenPS2.Code:BOOT2 = cdrom0:\PS2LOAD.ELF;1 VER = 1.00 VMODE = NTSC/PAL
7. Drag PS2LOAD.ELF, BOOT.ELF, MSYSTEM.CNF and SYSTEM.CNF into CDGenPS2
8. Fix the LBAs by right clicking on the file, clicking Edit, ticking "Fix LBA" and type the following in the LBA text box for each file:
MSYSTEM.CNF = 10908
PS2LOAD.ELF = 10909
SYSTEM.CNF = 11336
BOOT.ELF = 11337
9. Click the IMG button (on the sidebar) and save it as something.
10. Now proceed to the next step.
Adding files to the USB drive
You will be using the USB drive, USBeXtreme software, the file you made in CDGenPS2, the FMCB package and the disc image mounting software for this.
1. Use the disc image mounting software to mount the file you just made in CDGenPS2.
For the DOS-based USBeXtreme software
2. Extract the USBeXtreme software to the folder you put the CDGenPS2 generated file in.
3. Goto Start>Run
4. Type 'cmd' (without single quotes) and press Enter.
5. At the prompt, type 'cd' (without single quotes) followed by a space and then the directory you put the USBeXtreme software and press Enter.
6. Type 'ul_install E F "CDLoader" DVD' (without single quotes). Replace E with the drive letter that the CDGenPS2 generated file is mounted at and replace F with the drive letter of your USB drive. Press Enter.
For the Windows-based USBeXtreme software
2. Extract the USBeXtreme software anywhere.
3. Open the USBeXtreme application.
4. Click on the "Games Installer" tab.
4. Select the drive letter you mounted the CDGenPS2 file on under "CD/DVD ROM Drive", select "DVD" under "Media Type", select your USB drive letter under "Hard Drive".
5. Type "CDLoader" under "Game Name".
6. Click Start.
Note: If your USB drive does not show up in the Hard Drive list, try the DOS version.
CDLoader and uLaunchELF should now be copying onto your USB drive in a format that USBeXtreme can read.
7. Now extract the FMCB package.
8. Copy the "INSTALL" folder and the "FREE_MCBOOT.ELF" to your USB drive.
9. Unplug the USB drive from your computer and proceed.
Installing FMCB to your PS2's memory card
For this you will need your USB drive and the PS2 USBeXtreme software.
1. Plug the USB drive into your PS2 and power it on.
2. Insert the USBeXtreme disc (if it's not already in).
3. Once USBeXtreme has loaded, CDLoader should show up in the menu. Press X to open it.
4. Now CDLoader should load. It will be in Spanish by default. Press O to switch to English (which is not necessary because there's not much we need to do in CDLoader).
5. Press X. A menu should show up. Choose uLaunchELF from the menu and press X.
6. Now in uLaunchELF, press O to start browsing.
7. Select MASS: from the menu and press O.
8. Select FREE_MCBOOT.ELF and press O.
9. Now the FMCB installer should run. Follow the prompts to install onto your memory card.
Congratulations you have now installed FMCB to your PS2 memory card with USBeXtreme.