The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Some questions about Swap Magic 3.6
Some questions about Swap Magic 3.6 –
I have a V14 PSTwo and I'm thinking about getting swap magic 3.6 because it's cheap. I have a couple of questions though.
1. Does swap magic put more strain on the laser than modchips?
2. I have been to http://www.swapmagicfix.com/ and I can see that there is a lot of fixes for games. Do I still need to use these fixes if I purchase version 3.6? If i need the patches, do I have to burn a fix disc for each game and then first boot the PS2 with swap magic and then swap to the fix CD or DVD and then swap to the backup disc? If that's the case, that can get pretty tiresome.
3. What swap-tool do I need for my V14 PSTwo? Magic keys 2? Slim tool?
4. Does swap magic work satisfying with games? Or do alot of the games crash?
Sorry about all that text but I really hope someone can help me out with these questions.
Thanks in advance.
1) What you mean strain than modchip. A modchip makes you able to play backup games and the swap magic is used with stuff like fliptop to trick ps2 into booting it up. What puts the strain on your laser is the backuped game. It is not pressed so makes the laser basically work harder to read it. Swap magic 3.6 is pressed so no it does not put much more strain and a retail game.
2) The fixes are for swap magic 2.0 i believe. The newer version might need patches for some. (patches as in boot with dvd loader etc not patch the image). The only thing that I ran into so far that needs patches are dual layer games (since you need to shrink it).
3) I recommend a flip top cover, because it is probably the safest thing for your ps2. (I never used one on a slim but you might need to open your ps2 to put it in not sure). And yes you do need a "tool".
4) I have not had 1 game crash yet with swap magic and i have about 10 backups (and 1 is God of war which was shrank to fit on a normal dvd).
Ok, thanks for the answers. I don't really want to open my PS2 since it will void the warranty. I guess I'll have to search around for what tool I need for my V14
go with i think its called magic switch. Look at stores online where they sell swap magic and they will show you different types of tools. I bought my swap magic at www.gocybershopping.com received them and works great.
u need the magic switch 2 for a v14 and all the ones on the fix site that say toc will need patching/rebuilding/or toc refreshing all the cd loader ones should work
I guess this will work: http://www.magickeys.net/MagicKeys%202.html
But does anyone know if you have to insert component 3 every time you want to load a game? or is this a one-time install?
Sorry for all the dumb questions
It is a Onetime install then you can play your games with the cover open! How awesome is that! For slims Fliptops have problems and Slim kit pro or magic keys is the best and easiest way.
What kind of problems ?
Originally Posted by LordBacon
Swapmagic 2.0 needs fixes 3.6 is a beast!!! Never had a problem with any backup!
Never play games with the cover open it screws up the laser in weeks.