Softmod - LAN Modding? Slim Modding?
Ok guys , New to the forums here , also new to PSX/2 Modding. And ive got a couple of dealios that need some attention diving into them.
I have 2 PS2's , Both considerably old , One ALOT older than the other. Also one i use for spares for another. Lets get the Model numbers out.
1. PHAT PS2 - SCPH-30003 ( Spares and repairs PHAT 30003 Also with that )
2. Slim V16 * I think * SCPH-700003
Now the PHAT has been majorly gutted , Its silver and black due to some major case overhauling i did back on the release , The main thing i want to do to this is make it accept Backup games. Im not to bothered about Hardmodding or Softmodding either way is fine , Only problem is im from the UK so parts seem to be few and far between.
The Slim is the main breadwinner atm , it only plays my FF Games due to the loading times and the fact it seems to play a heck of a lot better. Now im wondering on softmodding this baby now im a complete and utter tool , Xbox's and 360's Im use to flashing the drives , But this is defninitely not the case here.
So what im trying to say is ,
1. What chip for the PHAT? And where from?
2. LAN Softmodding? Now ive heard this is very possible , using the PC HDD as the PS2's HDD and using a HDLoader. Where can i find a guide on this?
3. General softmodding on the SLIM , Im sure its possible to softmod this , maybe using FCMB?
Now bear in mind i DO NOT want any disc swapping crud , Im not damamging the rare discs i own ^ The basis for soft modding is that exact reason. My Original Final Fantasy Discs are getting worn , and i want to back them up so i dont have to get any more of a 'used' state to them.
Any pointers would be lushious , Im a complete tool to the PS2 mod scene.