First of all,... FMCB is ever installed on the MC and not on the PS2. It changes nothing inside the PS2.
Originally Posted by essily
To answer your question,... Yes, you can.
See, "1.". It works. If not, and you have access to codebreaker, just use it.
2. If that doesn't work out, is Codebreaker still a good installation option?
It is 1 way, to reach the goal.
It might be a bit slower (while loading).
3. With the Multi-Version install option, will it take longer to load up or have some other side effect?
No (other) "side-effects", except the wished feature behind it.
No for both.
4. After FMCB is installed, do I have to keep the install files on my memory card or keep the USB drive plugged in permanently?
You don't need a USB-Stick plugged in and also not the install-files on mc (except, you want to install it to another MC).
Yes, it does support DVD9 (patched versions, or newer "retails") and other regions.
5. Does HD Loader support DVD-9 games and different region games? I think it does, but will PAL resolution games be screwed up on my NTSC console?
It outputs the tv-format, defined by the game.
Same thing here (for now).
6. Same questions for DVD backups with FMCB+ESR. Will it play DVD-9 backups and different region backups, with normal resolution and no weird clipping?
PS2 V7/DMS3 V2 (FW:2.4b7); Seagate Baracuda 200GB
PS2 V7/CC1.0 (FW:34 hacked v2 BM:2.1.6); Maxtor DiamondMAX9 PLUS 160GB
PS2 SCPH-30004R; NoMod+NoLaser
3xSony MC 8MB
MAX/Datel 16MB with Boot-CD
Custom FMCB 1.8b+ Beta-Build, my AIO 0.5, Sony&xRhino-Linux