Questions on HD Loader and FMCB+ESR
Hi, it's me again. I'm trying to install a hard drive in my fat, unmodded PS2 using HD Loader and Free McBoot. I also want to backup some of my old games to DVDs. I've read the SKSApps FMCB tutorials and some other guides and I still have some questions.
1. If I have someone else put FMCB on a memory card, after I install FMCB on my PS2 can I use the softmodded PS2 and a USB drive to make as many backups of FMCB to different memory cards as I want, without having to use Action Replay or another method?
2. If that doesn't work out, is Codebreaker still a good installation option?
3. With the Multi-Version install option, will it take longer to load up or have some other side effect?
4. After FMCB is installed, do I have to keep the install files on my memory card or keep the USB drive plugged in permanently?
5. Does HD Loader support DVD-9 games and different region games? I think it does, but will PAL resolution games be screwed up on my NTSC console?
6. Same questions for DVD backups with FMCB+ESR. Will it play DVD-9 backups and different region backups, with normal resolution and no weird clipping?
Thanks for any replies. Hopefully this will help other people who have the same questions.