The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Ps2 Independance –
hi can someone please give me the ps2 independance exploit and also tell me how i can load it into my memory card. thankyou
Ok, the way it worked for me:
Search exploitstation com for downloads.
Download utils from there.
Now to create an exploit lets make it quite fast and clear:
1. Download proggies.
2. Make sure you have at least one original PS1 game handy.
You can use multiple PS1 CD-s also, but expect - IT WOUNT WORK PLAYING SAME GAME WHILE HAVING MC with Exploit inserted in MEM_SLOT1
I assume, you know what to do with rar and zip files.
3. Run Independence Exploit creator
4. Insert your PS1 original CD in to yer CD-ROM drive
5. Pick yer CD-drive letter
6. Press get
7. Select PS2Menu as bootloader
8. Pick exploits you want.
9. Select CD layout.
10. Press Extract ELF's
11. Add your exploits which are not in default list, but you want to use in to directory where Independence Compiler extracted ELF's.
12. Open CD-Burning software (i by myself preffer Nero).
13. Select options for disc: Data Mode 2, ISO 9660 only, Disc-At-Once, writing speed lowest you can select.
14. Create new image and drag files fom <your boot drive>:\Independence in to new image.
15. Burn image.
I assume you have HD-Loader CD handy, now insert yer HD-Loader CD in to PS2, and boot in to HD-Loader.
Sidekick: There is also neat instructions for those ppl @Exploitstation who use AR Max EVO.
Swap disc for new just created CD to.
After install finishes pick play leaving newly created CD in drive - it will install files to MC
Now boot PS2 up with yer original PS1 CD you used for creating Exploit CD. It should boot in to PS2Menu .
Pick SELECT for getting Devices you can handle. there is MC browse dirs to find yer Elf's.
Hope i dont get banned/kicked for helping ...
Last edited by andrus73; 04-02-2005 at 03:03 PM.
Hmmm...any possibility of making the swap using ARMAX instead of HLoader....?
With AR MAX:
You need USB memory stick.
2 Memory Cards
AR MAX boot CD
At least 1 original PS1 game CD
Independence Compiler 2.0 to create exploit in MC layout.
PS2 Save Builder 0.8 to create a new AR MAX save on your USB stick.
Additional ELF-s to be booted from MC
Steps to create exploit:
1. Download Independence Compiler 2.0, PS2 Save Builder 0.8, HDL elf and other ELF's you plan to use.
2. Boot up yer PS2 with AR MAX, USB stick inserted in to PS2 USB port 1 and both MC-s inserted ( i did so and it worked for me. Inserting USB Stick to port 2 leaves PS2 "hanging" - dunno why im not specialist in this matter)
3. Copy your system configuration file from MC slot 2 from to USB stick (USB stick MUST BE in FAT format not FAT32.
4. Shutdown PS2, remove USB memory stick and plug to your PC
5. Start up Indepencence Compiler and create exploit using MC format style. Use yer "exploit boot" PS1 original game at this point.
6. Start up PS2 Save Builder 0.8 and open your System Configuartion file and browse with Windows Explorer to directory where files were extracted, pick Edit > Select All. Drag in to PS2 Save Builder. Now save the file.
7. After saving, safely remove USB stick and plug into PS2
8. Boot up PS2 with AR MAX once again and Uncrunch the save file from USB stick to MC Slot 2 (delete old System Coonfiguration file). I have heared about for some matters it took over 10 mins to uncrunch files - for me it was approximate a minute to wait.
9. After Uncrunching is done shut down PS2, swap MC-s (insert MC from slot2 to slot1 and insert yer "exploit boot-up" original PS1 CD and boot)
10 Should get in to PS2Menu while pressing SELECT then U should get possibility to choose browse to CDROM0, MC0 etc... launching yer favourite ELF's from MC.
Hope I did not missed anything.
With best wishes ...
Forgive me for typos etc. I have NEVER taken any lessons in english and all i know is self-learned also about speaking in english.
Site admins can freely use this post to be modified and "repair typos" at need or make this guide here as "Sticky theme".
Wow you learned english on your own, you've done pretty well!
AR MAX must have some kind ELF to be loaded still i guess.
I have not seen "mini" AR MAX ELF around ...
And direct booting off the MC appears to be impossible.
Hope you got something out of my earlier posts.
I must admit - if i ages ago started playing MUD's - i knew only one word - "Hello" in english - but i was dragged down the stream and you drown or you learn swimming
Last edited by andrus73; 03-31-2005 at 02:42 PM.