Id use a wirecutter or similar tool (sissors if u have a good one).
Make sure u do it GENTLY tho.
1. Power on.
2. Press eject (tray opens)
3. Turn off power on back of ps2 (so tray stays open)
4. Remove screw (if it got one) and do the wirecutter thing.
But since u have a v10 id swap differntly if I were u (im not but here goes). Your old v8 has a power-ribbon connecting your main ps2 with the on/off switch in the main cover.... your v10 dosnt have this ... and that makes it easy to just take off the whole main-cover. U can do this by removing 6-8 screws in the buttom of your ps2 (screws are below the black squares).
Once u got the main cover off, u need to loosen the DVD-drive-cover. U must remove 2 screws in front ... and at the back theres 2 plastic hooks u need to cut off (with wirecutter/sciccors)... the hooks can be hard to see ... look down the sides (u can use a screwdriver too loosen em the first time u take the drive-cover off. Once u have removed those "hooks" u can place the DVD-drive-cover back on.
So now u can just lift off the drive-cover every time u need to swap, and put it back on once u have replaced the disc.
- its fast (u can swap in a few second) just like a fliptop
- u can just put the main cover back on easy (so kids, pets and others dont "fool around" and trash your open ps2.
- no more "bad disc", "tray is stuck" or similar errors from slidekey use.
- warranty void
- If u have kids, pets or other the might peek or poke inside your ps2 (Yikes!)
- a little more noise from drive (not a lot tho ... the v10 was made to be silent)
PSP 1.52 (DG), DS 001, XBOX v1.6B+Cheapmod+120GBHD, SM33, 50004+HDA10+120GBHD, SM32, BP11, 3900X, XBOX v1.6+Softmod, P4_2.666, GBASP, GBA,Celeron_700, DC, PS1, P2_300, TI85, Saturn, GBC, GBP, Megadrive, P75, Amiga 500, MS, 486SX25, Amstrad CPC464, ZX81