The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
PS1 on any PS2 (no GAMESHARK, no MODCHIP)
PS1 on any PS2 (no GAMESHARK, no MODCHIP) –
I bought a fliptop for my PS2 SCPH 50001. So I went in a quest searching for a way to boot my PS1 Backup games on my PS2. But I was frustrated finding that I can play PS1 games only if I had an old Gameshark disk. But I keep looking and find out that if you had a PS2 v9 you can use the launchelf or the PS2OS to boot those PS1 games. I tried everything they said. And it didn?t work. When I used the Launchelf and return to the PS2Browser like they said, the CD never stop spinning so I could never do the swap that way. Then I used the PS2OS, they said that after you start the PS2OS with the PS1 game inserted. You will have to select the BOOT CD option. The tray will stop and then you can do the swap trick. Return to the menu, select PS2browser and the game was supposed to boot. But every time I selected the PS2 browser the tray opened. None of these options work for me.
What I did and work for me was:
1) Using my Exploit I started the PS2OS v.3.
2) Went to the option that said BOOT CD. (The tray stop completely)
3) Swapped the Original PS1 Game with the Backup.
4) Went to the File manager of the PS2OS. (This part is the slowest one)
5) Select the Partition with the Launchelf.
6) Open Launchelf once again.
7) Select the PS2 browser of the Launchelf.(found at the /MISC)
8) Wait until the PS2 browser opened.
9) Take out the PS2 memory card.
10) Select the PS1 game. ?Y Listo, a Jugar.?
I tried various games and they all work just fine. I was hopping that this may help others that want to play their games and haven?t found a way to do it. I know is slow but is better than nothing .I would like to know if this is an old new and if it work for other PS2 version other than mine.