The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Noob question with a twist - Imports Only
Noob question with a twist - Imports Only –
All the faq's and tutorials I've looked at seem primarily concerned with playing <ahem> backup discs or homebrew. I just want to play import games without spending $170 on a Japanese PS2. Does this modest need make my life any simpler?
Conditions for success:
- Play Japanese retail (i.e. factory-pressed) game discs on my U.S. PS2
- FF XI still runs off hard drive
- Less expense/trouble than buying a Japanese PS2
- U.S. Chubby PS2 with built-in IR & progressive scan (v9, 10, or 11)
- PS2 Network Adapter
- Sony PS2 Hard Drive with FF XI installed
- 1GB USB key (SanDisk Ultra II SD w/USB)
- AR Max (Sorry, it's not here for me to check the version)
- Game Shark (an old one, v2.1 iirc?)
Any suggestions on the best approach for my circumstances? I'll be grateful for any insight folks can offer.
Last edited by perste19; 05-13-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Reason: Too sleepy when I wrote this, forgot the hard drive! -_-;
You can use swap magic or swap magic coder to play imports, the software is only £13.95 can you simply boot up with it and swap the discs and it loads the import, its a lot cheaper then buying a jap ps2.
We sell the software at www.estormuk.com