The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
MC exploit help again –
I know that this have probebly been asked a lot of times before, but i cant find the exact same question that i have.
ok here we go.
- a pal ps2 (unmodded, i dont have swap magic either)
- hdloader retail
- ps2 compatible hdd
- psx game
- hdloader_ps2menukloader_mc_exploit_pal (with this i should be able to install hdloader at the memory card)
so here is what i do:
- I start up a cmd window and updates the title.db file so i can load hdloader with a psx game insted of the retail cd.
- I start up CDGenPS2 and in the new cd i insert:
FILES folder (with HDLOADERLITE.ELF and BOOT.ELF)
In CDGenPS2 i also right click at the system.cnf file and hit Edit and i check Fix LBA and put in 12231 and hit ok.
And then i make the image
- Now i start up winHIIP, and i start to tranfer the image that i made with CDGenPS2 over to the ps2 hdd (i have the ps2hdd connected to the pc).
- When its done i connect the ps2hdd to the ps2 and boots up hdloader retail.
- And there I see the image that i made (HDL_MC). i start it and i get this screen:
PS2 Independence Installer
Exploit: Marcus R. Brown
ERROR: Failed to load CDVD.irx
What is wrong?
could it be the System.cnf file? it looks like this:
since im running this from the hdd? what should i add insted of cdrom0:\ ?
BOOT2 = cdrom0:\EXPINST.ELF;1
VER = 1.10
VMODE = NTSC
i should have enough space at the memory card, i almost deleted all my saves, so i have over 4mb of free space.
any ideas on what i should do?
and if i get this to work, will it be possible to install other elf files on the memory card? is it possible to just put more .elf files in the FILES folder at the image?
sorry about my bad english :P
Last edited by Goberg; 12-30-2004 at 05:31 PM.
howmany memory cards are intsalled in your ps2? I had problems with the exploit when there was two memory cards installed at the same time.