for using the USB with the needed software to install the exploit... you will need a pressed disc of AR MAX or AR EVO... they can run apps from the USB drive...
The method is fairly simple... I'd suggest using uLaunch Elf as the program you want to run.... then use it to setup the PS2 with the exploit.... as uLaunch supports FTP.... so you can setup the FTP and do the rest from the computer...
1. Secure a copy of uLaunch Elf... 3.14r is available at the moment...
2. put it on the USB device...
3. boot the Action Replay
4. run the software from the USB Device
5. when uLaunch Elf starts press "select" to configure app
6. Set "X" as FileBrowser from the MISC catagory
7. Now OK the settings.. most likely will give error... don't cry it will be ok
8. Press "X" to start the Filebrowser
9. Go to MC0: and make a new directory "CONFIG-SYS" (using the R1 button to bring up the menu)
10. press "select" to exit the FileBrowser
11. press "select" to open the config menu again
12. go to "Network Settings" and set your network up according to what you need.. plenty on this on the site.
13. "OK" the changes
14. Now select another button to assign the FTP server "PS@Net" to...
15. Ok that change and start the server...
now it's just a matter of getting the eploit files to the BxDATA-SYSTEM directory on the first MC...
There are several tutroials on FTP and networking... as well as the files needed for the Exploit and formatting the HDD.
PS3 Slim 320GB
PS2 v11 exploit w/300GB Maxtor
PS2 v10 exploit w/80GB Samsung - Network Games
PS2 v10 exploit w/60GB Samsung - Network Games
PSP 1001 3.52M33 w/10GB total storage
NDS DSReal 4GB