Only 1 sensor needed to be blocked on your console?!
Originally Posted by butnut
I've heard of most slimlines needing 2 sensors to be blocked!
Wait... this can work?!
1. Install free mcboot to your memory card.
2. Install pkd_SM_3.8DVD.ELF to your memory card.
3. Turn off the ps2 and insert an orignial high toc ps1 game.
4 Turn on the ps2 while holding down R1, this will load ulaunchelf.
5. Browse to the swap magic elf and launch it. Once swapmagic gets past the splash screen remove the ps1 game and insert your ps2 cd game.
6. Enjoy playing the games that ESR cant!
I thought that the PS2's MECHACON recognizes PS1 and PS2 CDs as being 2 different disc types (Types 0x10 and 0x12 respectively)... how can this work?
Otherwise, we should have already been able to play PS1 discs with the Swapmagic CD (With PSX-launcher or a similar method to invoke rom0:PS1DRV)...
Has anyone tried this? I don't have a legit PS1 disc, so I can't try this.
SCPH-10000 S. MINOKAMO v1.01 (Defunct)
SCPH-10000 S. KISARAZU v1.00 (faulty)
SCPH-15000 S. KOHDA (With warranty seal!) :D
DESR-5100 S. EMCS