FMCB will only boot ule from osdmenu
For some bizarre reason, lately whenever I try jump to ulaunchelf from FMCB using a shortcut key, or the auto setting, I get a black screen that flickers briefly at first (like it would on a successful boot), but then just sits at a blank screen. However, if I let FMCB go all the way into the main menu and select ulaunchelf from there, it boots just fine. It's odd, since both entries point to the same .elf file. Also, I can boot HDloader and ESR with key shortcuts just fine.
The only real change I've made to FMCB was to delete the sms.elf file (to save space). But I've since copied it back to the MC1/boot/ and even run the FMCB installer (single, rather than multi version) again with no luck.
I'm using ule 4.4. I've also tried 4.15, and 4.39 with no luck. Bizarrely enough, if I move them to MC0 (the non-fmcb card) they all boot from a shortcut key just fine.
- FMCB version 1.8 test 22 (according to fmcb eonfigurator)
- fmcb is installed to MC1 (card in slot 2)
- config file loaded on an attached thumb drive (there's also a backup copy in MC1:/SYS-CONF).
- I've attached copies of my freemcb.cnf and launchelf.cnf files.
- both memory cards are official sony brand cards.
- MC0 I bought brand new many years ago, MC1 I bought used a few weeks ago
In summary ulaunchelf won't boot from a shortcut key or the auto entry when it's on the same memory card as FMCB, even though it boots just fine from the osd menu (on either card).