WIP: PS3Payload Downloader Project - Now v0.6b
PS3Payload Downloader Project
Just finished working on 0.6b (no, still not to the puclic).
1. Added a splashscreen that download/update the payload and platform listing (I also tried to download\update all the firmware list, but it too slow...) wich make the program much more stable and faster.
2. I changed a little bit the look of the program:
- Replaced the background
- Improved the logo (added reflaction and shadow)
- Added a "Welcome" Image that'll show until you load a payload list (press at the refresh button).
3. Now, the program will search the platform preview picture locally, and if it doesn't exist it will download, save (at the program's path) and load it.
Why does it good? Because now the program won't download the platform's preview pictures every time - it'll download it once and use it forever! :)
4. I added the platform details feature that will show while the mouse is over the small preview picture.
And of course the option to upload platform details through the Upload mode.
5. Added a litlle "X" to the search box, that will show when the search box isn't empty and by clicking on it it will empty the search box.
6. Added MD5 encryption to the upload system's User name and password.
What is MD5? it's a One-Way Hash Function.
For example "Password" in MD5 will be "dc647eb65e6711e155375218212b3964".
How I generate MD5 code from strings?
I built a little handy tool that do it for me, using System.Security.Cryptography library.
If you want to try it out:
MD5Hash - Download
What does it all mean? that I can release the source of the uploader too without any worries that someone can accsess to my server.
There are another changes I made, some bug fixing and etc that I don't think that will interest someone.
I'll encrypt all the user names and passwords at my server - wich means that you won't be able to login anymore using 0.5b.
When I'll finish encrypting all of the users I'll push an update and all you'll need to do is to update the program through the updater (That will pop-up when I'll push the update).
If any of you want to be a beta-tester or an uploader - contact me via PM.