Rumor: PSP2 in 2011 with 4-Core Cell, Touch, Camera!
With the E3 less then a month away, all the "rumor" mills are in full-swing with crazy reports, some claiming Sony is going to make a big E3 announcement regarding a future PSP2 system.
There is reports before that the new PSP2 would be a "phone" also, but now the "rumors" have switched over to multi-core Cell CPU, with touch-screen, camera, and possible reason for delay until 2011 because of Nintendo planned launch of their new 3D version of the DS.
Anyway, here is the latest low-down of pure "rumor" gossip, taken from here: VG247
* MCV rumoured last week that Sony “could” announce PSP2 at E3.
* VG247 goes digging. According to a source familiar with the matter, it’s “99 percent” it isn’t an E3 reveal.
* Multiple British sources have confirmed that PSP2 NDAs have been in place at publishers and developers for many months.
* PSP2 has two cameras, one forward and one backward facing.
* It has a touch-screen, but apparently it has retained the trademark physical PlayStation buttons.
* UK sources were previously working towards a “2010″ release. This is now “2011″.
* One source would be “amazed” if there was any kind of physical media involved. We’ve been told it “could” be 3G-enabled, as opposed to the WiFi-only PSP go. This bit was sketchy.
* Multiple PSP2 games are being made in Britain right now. Some have even already been canned.
* There have been “finished units” in the UK, but we haven’t spoken to anyone that’s seen a final case.
* When asked directly about reveal timing, one source said, “If the games were aiming for end 2010, beginning 2011, and now it’s a 2011 release, I’d say a gamescom or TGS announce for launch early next year”.
* One source told us the machine is “****ing powerful,” being based on a four-core Cell CPU. PS3 runs on an eight-core version.