Current Version (3.87 | 01/06/2011) - Download Now
PlayStation Download Manager / Booster is an application designed to increase the download speeds of the PlayStation Network, it can install both free and paid content as long as you've paid for it.
In order to create a speed boost, it creates multiple segments which will draw data from the servers using multi-threading, this allows you to achieve the maximum speed of your line; unlike the PS3 which uses only 1 transfer.
Your PC can also be faster at downloading in general due to several factors, including it's connection method, processor speed, RAM and TCP Optimizations.
Snippet from change log: [3.92]
1) URL Detection is now 200ms faster per file
2) New File-Type Menu for those with limited technical ability
3) Huge Code optimizations reducing the code by around 100 KB
4) Stability fixes, and modification to the advertisement in attempt to improve closing speed after clicking skip.
5) Framework for our Android Application (For activation in the next build, I expect it will be called 4.00)
6) Update Notification on start-up to alert users of new versions, for the best experience...
Setting Up Your Console:
1. Start Your Playstation Console
2. Under Network Settings, Choose Custom.
3. When it asks for Proxy, set it to Use.
4. Enter your IP Address given by running Internal IP.bat
5. Enter the port as 27
6. Save the changes, start PSN DM.exe
Using the Application:
1. Start a download from the PSN
2. When it says "Please Wait" Press Circle
You'll notice it is now displayed in the Download Manager, once finished, proceed with the following to Transfer onto the Playstation...
3. Go back and Download the Content / File again, it should transfer from the PC...
Hope you, enjoy the updates; you might need to look at the ext.txt as it depends on which functions you want, as some files cause issues.
Common User's use the following:
You might find more file types related to applications, in the Log.txt and if you do then simply add it into the ext.txt to use the download manager to handle this file type, remember some file types will cause conflict with applications on the console.