Current Version (3.87 | 01/06/2011) - Download Now
PlayStation Download Manager / Booster is an application designed to increase the download speeds of the PlayStation Network, it can install both free and paid content as long as you've paid for it.
In order to create a speed boost, it creates multiple segments which will draw data from the servers using multi-threading, this allows you to achieve the maximum speed of your line; unlike the PS3 which uses only 1 transfer.
Your PC can also be faster at downloading in general due to several factors, including it's connection method, processor speed, RAM and TCP Optimizations.
Snippet from change log: [3.83]
1) Support added for web browsing, some image glitchs (Fixed by disabling .PNG cache)
2) TV on demand is now working (Excluding BBC iPlayer - Unknown reason, BBC's fault.
3) Support for premium member login / logout
4) Proxy no longer crashes when launch web / folding at home (F@H won't load work loads still)
5) Several stability changes
6) New toolbar at the top, for easy to find controls.
7) Youtube can now be watched
via the browser
8) (New Models) Sony Bravia TV's can connect via the proxy for most services
9) Playstation Portable support has been confirmed (Tried on my PSP)
10) Designed to work with the NGP from Sony (PSN should work the same, in theory.)
11) Added support for 10 languages (Including English)
Snippet from change log: [3.87]
1) A few minor changes to the core, increasing responsiveness and should fix crashing or not starting up for many users. (Important part of this update)
2) Reduced size of the file, from 636KB to 488KB removed some old files which are no longer used.
3) Reverted the cache folder to it's original of Downloads rather than Shared.
(You can now change this without breaking features of the application)
Setting Up Your Console:
1. Start Your Playstation Console
2. Under Network Settings, Choose Custom.
3. When it asks for Proxy, set it to Use.
4. Enter your IP Address given by running Internal IP.bat
5. Enter the port as 27
6. Save the changes, start PSN DM.exe
Using the Application:
1. Start a download from the PSN
2. When it says "Please Wait" Press Circle
You'll notice it is now displayed in the Download Manager, once finished, proceed with the following to Transfer onto the Playstation...
3. Go back and Download the Content / File again, it should transfer from the PC...
Hope you, enjoy the updates; you might need to look at the ext.txt as it depends on which functions you want, as some files cause issues.
Common User's use the following:
You might find more file types related to applications, in the Log.txt and if you do then simply add it into the ext.txt to use the download manager to handle this file type, remember some file types will cause conflict with applications on the console.