The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
it has also been ported to almost all the android devices. Yea for me I have a spare G1 lying around. Hello PS3groove
Originally Posted by Bolec
Install the zip file from the wiki through recovery
Once the phone has booted, open a terminal emulator
Go to your memory card (usually /sdcard)
cd to /system/lib/modules and run it run insmod psfreedom.ko
Connect your G1 One to the PS3 and power the PS3 off completely, following the guide for PSJB -
power on, push power and then quickly push eject. You will not see anything displayed on your G1
To verify that it worked, go to the games menu and check for "Install Package Files".
just what I was waiting for... Now I need to get a PS3
Thanks bigd, it works! Now I have to wait 2 more days for my ps3 to come... And for the patch, because I believe this won't let you play backed up games.
I tested on my HTC EVO 4G. Whenever I try insmod psfreedom.ko as SU
Originally Posted by bigd5783
I get: failed (Exec format error)
I used connectbot as the terminal. I tried Fresh Evo 3.2 and Cyanogen Mod 6 but I got the same error on both.
Here is what I got from XDA:
1. Place the file psfreedom.ko in the root of your memory card.
2. Place the file boot.img in the same directory that your Android SDK tools are installed.
3. Reboot phone into fastboot mode by holding down the trackball during the power up.
4. Using a command prompt or from a shell window type fastboot boot boot.img
5. Once the phone has booted, open a terminal emulator and then type su.
6. Go to your memory card (usually /sdcard) and run insmod psfreedom.ko
7. Connect your Nexus One to the PS3 and power the PS3 off completely, following the guide for PSJB - power on, push power and then quickly push eject. You will not see anything displayed on your Nexus One.
8. To verify that it worked, go to the games menu and check for "Install Package Files".
----Now my problem is that I cannot do fastboot boot boot.img as I received FAILED (remote: not allowed). This seems to do with the S-ON mode for the boot loader of the phone (aka perfected SPL). Although I have SU and Clockmod installed.
Please refer to the wiki
Originally Posted by ChocoboX
Currently working Desire, G1 32B, G1 32A, MyTouch3G.
All others are being worked on. Im running it on my G1 at this time and everything worked fine for me so far except installing the Backup Manager.
how about the HTC HD2
how about the HTC HD2 –
this is so vary nice that the HTC since has finally got some action. can i use this on the HTC HD2?
Hey, maybe someone cal help, I got root on my phone with the latest cyanogen mod, when I go into terminal emulator and type su, it gives it su permission, then when i type /sdcard it goes permission denied, also when i followed the directions after installing the zip , I did
but nothing pops up after the last line and if i do it again it goes error file already exists, but then it doesent do anything on the ps3. any help would be appriciated
anyone port this to HTC Eris