SlickCoderZ aka Develio13 aka Jordandyckes, has released a new version, of his PSN download manager and it works on ***PS3 Firmware 3.41. 'No, you cannot gain access to PSN if you're on v3.15.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhOotyjX5UY&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - PSN Download Manager (Booster / Proxy) Works on the latest firmware[/ame]
A quote from the creator:
PlayStation Download Manager / Booster is an application designed to increase the download speeds of the PlayStation Network, it can install both free and paid content as long as you’ve paid for it.
In order to create a speed boost, it creates multiple segments which will draw data from the servers using multi-threading, this allows you to achieve the maximum speed of your line; unlike the PS3 which uses only 1 transfer.
Your PC can also be faster at downloading in general due to several factors, including it’s connection method, processor speed, RAM and TCP Optimizations.
Instructions from the Readme:
Preparing the Application:
1. Country.txt make sure this is correct for your Store.
If included in the Defaults then don’t worry:
&country=us - United States
&country=gb - Great Britain
&country=nl - ? (Don’t Know)
&country=fr - France
&country=jp - Japan
&country=hk - ? (Don’t Know)
&country=za - ? (Don’t Know)
&country=au - Australia
2. You shouldn’t need to touch any other files.
Setting Up Your Console:
1. Start Your Playstation Console
2. Under Network Settings, Choose Custom.
3. When it asks for Proxy, set it to Use.
4. Enter your IP Address given by running Internal IP.bat
5. Enter the port as 27
6. Save the changes, start PSN DM.exe
Using the Application:
1. Start a download from the PSN
2. When it says “Please Wait” Press Circle
You’ll notice it is now displayed in the Download Manager,
once finished, proceed with the following to Transfer onto the Playstation…
3. Go back and Download the Content / File again, it should transfer from the PC…