PS3 Homebrew / Update Manager v1.7 Java Applet
monkeymaximus from Brewology.com has recently updated his Java based update manager to v.1.7. With it you will be able to download updates/homebrew from your computer directly to your PS3. For anyone familiar with Pojiku's Freestore app, this basically does the same thing with a couple of differences. First, you will not need to download anything extra to run this app (You will just need to except a security certificate when it pops up on your browser.) Second, you will be able to download PS3 updates as well. According to the to do list below, there are some great things in store for future versions of update manager.
To Do List:
A word from the dev:
- Make UI nicer. Especially on OSX.
- Ability to Patch already installed items vs full reinstall.
- Handle applications that conflict (aka all the different managers).
- Build web interface for developers to update their own pkgs, information, website etc...
(Will build this if Developers tell me they want it. LMK via Forum / PM)
- Ability to transfer local supplementary files (Like for SNES9x).
- Lots more! I don't want to give away all my surprises.
If your wondering why this was turned into an applet and not an executable, it's because the developer claims it will help insure that it will be compatible with all operating systems. It will also allow him to tweak and change the applet without the need to worry about breaking old versions.
PS3 Homebrew Manager is a Java Applet so please ACCEPT the security certificate when it pops up.
It comes up as untrusted as I don't want to spend all the money to get it "officially" signed.
*No personal information is stored by us or sent to anyone else*
All in all, It's another convenient way to keep your homebrew up to date with all the latest releases.
- This is a barebones version of what the goal of PS3 Homebrew Manager is.
- Check back often for releases.
- We are definitely missing many homebrew apps. Please tell us which ones to add on the forum.
Update 10/29/10 - PS3 Homebrew / Update Manager v2.0
Quote from monkeymaximus:
For the new people - This is a Java Applet that will download homebrew or game updates you select directly to your PS3 by FTP. It is a Java applet so that it runs all ALL OSes and is always up to date when you visit.
- Search for<strong> Game Updates by Name</strong> (database is updated as people search for new games)
- Bug fixes - UI / Error Handling
- For those who would like proof that we can be trusted. We have been around making stuff since 2005. See <a href="http://www.psp-hacks.com/2005/08/20/smashpack-brew-pack-generator/">http://www.psp-hacks.com/2005/08/20/smashpack-brew-pack-generator/</a> . Also feel free to contact us.
- If you have any problems or feedback please let us know so we can make this better.
Special thanks to the Brewology crew for keeping the Homebrew updated (its a lot of work)!
Check it out <a href="http://ps3.brewology.com/homebrew/">here</a>!