PlayOS – First Custom Operating System for PS3
A PS3HAX member, by the name of PlayOS Developer has released information, on a project he is working on, here is a quote from the original post:
I’ll tease you with some more pics which are attached for now: :D
Thanks to PS Jailbreak, I’ve been able to finally make a proper running version of the first custom PS-Dedicated operating system which I have called “PlayOS”.
* PlayOS is a Linux-Based system.
* It takes up 730MB of your external hard drive as it runs off External Media (Backup Manager).
* Easy to use.
* Built-in dedicated web browser “PlayBrowse”.
* Compatible with v3.41 firmware only.
* You need to have a development board!
NOTE: It will not work with mobile phones except the Nokia N900 (Will have to look into this).
* Video coming soon.
* Hardware acceleration (just like OS X) enabled. --- This means .mkv files in 1080p!
* Support for file types:
.zip // .tar // .gz // .mp3 // .avi // .mp4 // .divx
.exe – ONLY PlayOS Coded ones! --- Windows applications will not work with this!
News Source: PS3HAX
NOTE: Due to the PlayOS being an exclusive to their site, any possible future release will be found over there!
UPDATE: PS3HAX have now updated their original thread and added the following:
Originally Posted by PS3HAX