The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Neopop/ps2 0.10 out ! –
As I announced it a while ago, here is a first port of neopop for ps2 !
The emu is based on the neopop_uk's core v0.71 (so the last one) and I didn't sacrificed compatibility to speed up the emulator (the core is really sensitive to timing), but only made some little hack in the core to speed it up (ps2 related optimisations stuff).
Unfortunately, due to timing constraints and the line based emulation, the emulator is not running at fullspeed (and I swear that making it running fast is really a pain...) however games are playable at a correct speed. Also sound emulation is not always perfect and this due to not fullspeed emulation.
Current features :
- High compatibility (identical to the original version)
- PAL/NTSC auto-detection
- Nice GUI (IMHO!)
- Host / CD / MC support
- HDD support (roms can be loaded from the hdd)
- Ingame menu (for options)
- Emulation is not fullspeed
- Sound Issues
- For sure some bugs (first release so be kind!)
- Improve speed
- Zip Support
- Flash Support
- Save State
- Screenshot support (in the rom browser)
version 0.10 binary :
the zip comes with :
- installation script for the Crystal Chip (Sponsors of the project)
- two Public Domain roms
- romlist.ini file example (for loading from host).
Also, be sure to read the included readme. There is new license information from the free software foundation.
Read more and get download links At the official NeoPop/PS2 Forums
that's it, I hope you'll enjoy it !
Hey great job evilo. I can't wait for the next release.