KaKaRoTo has been busy "re-factoring" his famous PL3 payloads on his GIT, and now the work has been all completed!
Now to the "end-user" it does not mean really any changes to function, but to the a "payload developer" or to others studying the inner workings of the PS3, and using his tools, the GIT is now much easier to understand and the author's notes are very clear and in complete detail with comments!
Below is the changelog for the recent re-factoring work that KaKaRoTo has done to his PL3 GIT:Originally Posted by dukio
* WIP: rename macros.h.S to pl3.h.S and make it do a lot more stuff
* Make send_eth compatible with FUNC_PTR and add a _res variant
* Add proper ifndef/define/endif to all .h.S files
* Port all payloads to the new pl3.h.S framework
* Factor out the code to hook the hvsc instructions into its own file
* Fix the stupid prolog/epilog mixup
* Fix the payload_dump_elfs using the new refactored system
* Micro optimization
* Add a missing syscall to the list of syscalls
* Removing undocumented functions from the list of known functions
* Add missing function name to syscall_names.idh
* Make memory_patching position independent and use the new macros
* Add memory patching function to the vuart tracer payload
* Merge branch ‘master’ into playground Conflicts: payload_no_unauth_syscall.S
Some recent tweets by KaKaRoTo himself:
Author's PL3 Blog: KaKaRoTo's BlogOriginally Posted by KaKaRoTo
KaKaRoTo's Twitter: Youness Alaoui (KaKaRoToKS) on Twitter
My thanks to JonahUK for doing the thank-less hair-pulling compiling work:
I usually only compile for UDIP but I figured I may as well compile all boards. I used evilsperms lufa-lib so LEDs should work on most boards. Pulled from KaKaRoTo's GIT today.
NOTE: Don't use the following payloads unless you know what they are for as these are mainly for Devs:
Thanks to Gary for merging my post to johnnyisawesome awesome news reporting skills!