The Fourth Creation Game Competition.
Can't believe nobody posted about this. Whats even worse is that no other supposed scene/hombrew sites have posted news about this before. It seems the folks at PS2Dev are having another major coding competition. They are also looking for sponsors. here is a small clip of the rules and guidelines breakdown with the psp stuff left out.
You can read more of the coding competition at this ongoing forum thread.
The Basic Rules.
- There is two competitions. Best entry for PSP game and PS2 game wins.
- Games must be entered by the end of June 5th (2 months).
- Entries will be judged on Gameplay, Originality, Graphics, Sound and Polish. Scores will be out of 10 for each.
- There will be five judges for each competition.
- All games must be suitable for a teens. No Adults only content please.
- All entries must be original. (ie no ports of games)
- All entries must be submitted here with a link to where it can be downloaded. If you need a hosting location talk to me via private message.
- All entries must include a Fourth Creation splash on the openning title. (will provide images to these images soon)
- All entries must include a readme, that describes the game, the author, contact email address, and other special info.
- All entries must be freely distributable. Source code does not need to be included, but would be nice.
- Multiple entries are allowed.
- Rules (and prizes) are subject to change without notice.
The Playstation 2 competition
- Games must be playable using the PS2LINK 1.46 via Host.
- Games should be playable on at least one of PAL or NTSC (hint: working on both counts towards polish points)
- Games can be entered which require special peripherals (eg gun controls), however, judges are likely not to own the required peripherals and final scores may be highly effected by this.