The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Finally Remarry BD Drives To Other Consoles
Finally Remarry BD Drives To Other Consoles –
A interesting post has appeared on EOL (the spanish forum scene site) from a new team calling themselves Mega hiper ultra fantastico Team and they have released details on how to use the following files to 're-marry' a BD drive!
And then shortly afterwards Max1985 over at DemonHades has posted a link to the complete package of the previously leaked much needed files along with what seems to be a modded 'lv2diag.self' that seems to be able to finally truely 're-marry' a Blu-Ray drive board on a PS3 console!
Here is short tutorial written up by one of our valued PSX-SCENE members:
Originally Posted by Mark Webber
*** ! PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ! ***
As with all new things, doing this totally at the end-user risk, we here at PSX-SCENE have not done any testing on this very risky firmware progress. -- But a couple of facts we should point out, their may be different models which will NOT work at all, due to the fact some BD Drives are designed for Dual-Eye lasers vs. Single-Eye lasers, and IDE vs. SATA drive hookup. -- Also this most likely is only designed for the FAT 256mb NAND systems, as the 16mb NOR and Slim's use a different drive board marriage system. -- And finally DO NOT TRY THIS ON v3.56 consoles, as YOU CURRENTLY CAN'T EXIT SERVICE MODE!
Off-Site Download Link: BD-RM (via) MEGAUPLOAD
News Source: DESVELADO RECASAR CONTROLADORAS (via) @ ElOtroLado.net
-- Lv2diag.self MD5 C48E5EBFC00ABD89094CB73A2B0BEA59
-- manufacturing_updater_for_reset MD5 90168C03B217CE775A7839D87BBFF2A3
-- fdm_spu_module.self MD5 9BDE16660221042A4440ED2C053A139E
cfg (folder) -> standalone.cfg standalone.cfg
Video Proof from EOL:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnnB3NZ6MPQ"]YouTube - 16022011004.mp4[/ame]
Original EOL Discussion Thread: Pruebas de re-casar controladora Blu-Ray ejecutada con exito
Our thanks to Mark Webber for risking his console and informing us of the news!
Finally Remarry BD Boards To Other Consoles
Finally Remarry BD Boards To Other Consoles –
Ladies & Gentlemen finally we can remarry BD boards to different consoles.
The file was just posted over at DemonHades by one of the members (max1985)
Put these onto a blank usb stick (not the devusb folder, just it's contents)
& add a 3.15 or lower version PUP file.
Put in the servive mode dongle and get into factory service mode.
Put the newly created USB stick into port 0 (closest to the reader) and run.
I have not done extensive testing yet, but have just remarried a BD board from a 60gig launch to a 40gig console.
LINK TO FILES ARE IN THE ATTACHED PDF.
Before you begin, make sure you are at or below 3.15. If you have 3.55 installed, you will need to use the modified 3.55 downgrade files first, then downgrade to 3.15 or lower and then finally begin the procedure.
- Change your dongle to "Factory Service Mode"
- Copy files from the folder downloaded above (the contents of the devusb folder) to the root of a blank usb stick
- Copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP from 3.15 (or lower if your system can handle it) to the USB stick
- Put the USB stick into the right side USB port on the PS3
- Put the Dongle into any other port (furthest left is best)
- Power off the PS3 using the power switch at the back
- Turn the power back on
- Press power then eject within .2 seconds
- Wait until the PS3 turns off then press the power button on the front again.
- The USB will now start to flash and do a "Drive Init" then install the PUP file.
- The system will turn itself off again.
- Power on and play a BluRay movie until the movie starts.
- Remove Dongle and Usb Stick then insert "Exit Lv2diag" stick (aka Lv2diag file 2) into the same port it just was in the Ps3 (furthest to the right)
- Press power to exit "Factory Service Mode"
Update #1: I have a USA console here (I am in Aus) and it is not restoring BD playback. Model is original launch 20gig. This will be a work in progress and try to figure it out. In a nutshell, some drives may not get BD playback but will be able to play games etc etc.
Update #2: The procedure below seems to be intermittent at best. I have had varying results since the initial tests were done. If yours does not recover BD playback, don't panic, your drive is fine, its just the luck of the draw.
Update #3: PDF guide now included.
- Insert the NEWEST BD movie you can get your hands on into the 16meg PS3 - Latest release from a video shop is advised. This will update that system & drive with the latest HRL
- Marry the drive you want to use on the 256meg fat
- Remove both the drives (mark them if you have to)
- Place the drive from the 256meg onto the 16meg system and marry them up.
- Update the firmware on your 16meg Ps3 to whatever you normally use.
- Insert the NEWEST BD movie again into the drive now on the 16meg
- This wil update the drive with the latest version of HRL
- Swap the drives back over and get the DRL files from the BD disc (or find them online) and transfer them to the 256meg fat PS3 in the dev_flash3 folder overwriting the ones already there.
do you have details of the pre-req?
does it have to be on firmware 2.30 and below or will it work with all firmware, is there info on another website in English?
I have a PS3 with 3.55 CFW - KMEAW and was wondering if this will work. Also, any TUT to get this working?
Seriously, I got this like 10 mins before I posted it. How much "extensive testing" could I get done?
This is great news! One question though,
What firmware was the ps3 you tested originally on? did it have to be a firmware lower than 2.30 or will a 3.55 firmware work with a 2.30 pup on the stick?
I will be testing like mad for the rest of the day. There are about 15-20 Ps3's here atm I can play with. For now, I would start at say 3.15 fw if you know you cannot go lower.
One thing I do know already is that you do not get BD movie playback yet.
I think it will be a DRL mod that needs to be done like when they lost BD playback the first time around.
I know the last movie that was used in this drive, so I will copy over the correct DRL files and see if that gets it kicking for movies.
Ok, solved the other problem we all had with BD movies not playing.
After you run the initial remarry process, do not take it out of factory service mode.
Put a BD disc in and run it on the PS3. Make sure to begin playing the actual movie section, not just previews etc.
The you can take it out of factory service mode.
Launch as normal.
Awesome find Mark. Can you make sure to document your testing? Model of ps3, firmware version, etc. Just don't want this thread filling up with the same info over and over.
Would it be possible to use this to get back bd playback with the drive already married to my 60gb console that lost bd playback on account of downgrading and drl creating method didn't work for me to get it back.
If someone tests this can you let us know.