Today we would like to announce two new versions of Crystal Chips:
Crystal Chip 1.1 lite (CC1.1) and Crystal Chip 2.0 Pro (CC2.0).
Due to the demand of our customers and the market structure we decided to develop 2 new versions. Crystal Chip 1.1 lite is a new revision of the former Crystal Chip 1.0. Crystal Chip 2.0 Pro is a new version with an advanced hardware platform and a more extensive software feature set.
Here is just a brief listing of some improvements and new features for Crystal Chip 1.1 lite:
- new on-chip fix for v12 consoles: "HA" wire (not available on CC1.0 or any other chips in the market) reduces the occurence of "mechacon crashes" which are the most common cause of laser burnouts in v12 consoles as well as reducing the occurence of RSOD.
- software controlled on-board LED to help debug installation problems. Very useful for all installers, the LED will tell wheather you made an installation error at the Bios ROM or at the the CD/DVD controller chip.
- new very compact 4 layer circuit-board and new optimized solder-pad layout for easiest installation.
- new redesigned FPGA software to allow highest flexibility for future upgrades
- and of course a lot new software features and an improved version of the BootManager software
A full feature list and more detailed information will be up in the next days when we upload our new firmware package for CC1.1. Samples of CC1.1 and a beta firmware package got sent to beta-testers a couple of weeks ago. Crystal Chip 1.1 got shipped to our distributors today and will be available for retail in most of the shops within this week.
A completely new software and hardware test setup will prevent any non-working device from leaving our manufacturing chain.
Crystal Chip 2.0 Pro will be completed in a few weeks, the retail price will be significantly higher compared to Crystal Chip 1.1 lite.
The installation manuals also changed, you can view them in our installation manuals section. The old Crystal Chip 1.0 firmware will not be compatible with CC1.1 and CC2.0.
Thanks to all betatesters and supporters . . . stay tuned!