The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Github has turned to 404 ...... Damn.... hope it's just temporary.....
UPDATE #2: KaKaRoToKS is pushing keys and new versions of his tools to his github HERE.
just replace eboot.bin with the one for 3.41 and that's all, don't need to upgrade
Originally Posted by Djv3n0m
Sony has been granted the restraining order against them that they asked for. So those two parties are not allowed to go near PS3's as far as I know. I think that's what it said in the News column of this Forum
Originally Posted by yugiyogi
A U.S. judge granted a restraining order - bad for Gehot, because as u.s. citizen is is judged under u.s. law.
Originally Posted by BlyackScorpio
Pointless for failoverflow, because as non-u.s. citizen (or even u.s. resident), a u.s. judge has no power over them.
Knock off the flaming troll posts....or feel the wrath.
SCPH-30001 [V4] - unmodded (2)
SCPH-30001-R [V5] DMS4 Pro SE
SCPH-50001-N [V9] CC 2.0 SLE
SCPH-79001 [V16] Silver - unmodded
Summary of all that's happened for people just waking up and don't want to read thousands of post:
- New OFW 3.56 blocks all homebrew and is required for PSN access (PSN store, Netflix, online gaming, Home, etc.). Temporary workaround is DNS fix but will probably be dead in a couple of days.
- Devs working on new fix. Most guess a week or more. No one at this point knows if a new 3.56 CFW is even possible without hardware flash. I suspect they'll figure it out.
- Risk PSN banning through DNS workaround
- Risk PSN banning through staying on CFW
- Risk PSN banning through upgrading to new OFW from CFW
- Stay on previous CFW and do without PSN access
- Upgrade to OFW to keep PSN access and lose homebrew
- Get another PS3 for offline CFW and one for OFW. Of course, the offline one wouldn't work well for those "backup" games that heavily rely on PSN (LBP2, etc.).
- Hope that current users of CFW's and future CFW's aren't being flagged and eventually banned for just having it installed.
- Be patient and wait for new CFW and word of who and why people are getting banned.
That's not true. U "heard" wrong. K-3.55 + MM 1.14 works 100% with no freezes or hangups. It's a much better alternative to 3.41 as u don't need any mod eboots and/or procedures that you have to do after every shutdown.
Originally Posted by Digital-Spooker
Tom, you put together an excellent summary. I just wanted to point out the above section, because it's potentially inaccurate. The devs have said that 3.56 can be patched into a CFW. When they mention a hardware flash, that has to do with downgrading <em>from</em> 3.56 to an earlier firmware, not upgrading to a 3.56-based CFW.
Originally Posted by tomservo6
o.0 you make it sound like flipping a powerbar switch and hit start+eject is brain surgery, It's easy to do as you walk by after class, it's great that multiman has '100% compatibility' (kinda doubting that) but those of us who like Gaia, or something else.. yeah.. probably not '100% compatibility'
Originally Posted by dagrimmreepa
That's true, so any brand new PS3s will likely have this problem, but for current PS3s that don't update to 3.56, I think we'll be fine. Besides, there might always be some sort of surprise downgrade solution like there was with the Pandora battery, so who knows what will happen in the future?
Originally Posted by headswim